Question New build for my nephew

Vybz

Dec 27, 2007
Help us with this build here is the link to parts he has already picked out.

There is no GPU in there yet and that is because I didn't think things could get worse but they did and GPU's are out of sight. I was thinking to start him with a GTX1650 but the prices are just silly. What do you guys suggest?

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
- gaming
- streaming
- general internet surfing and other teenage boy stuff.

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
- $1000

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
-US

4. IF you're buying parts OUTSIDE the US, please post a link to the vendor you'll be buying from.
We can't be expected to scour the internet on your behalf, chasing down deals in your specific country... Again, help us, help YOU.

5. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc.
I am a corsair, Gigabyte, Nvidia, EVGA and used to be Intel fan. This is my nephews first build so he is not really a fan of any vendor.

6. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
No used parts

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

8. What resolution, not monitor size, will you be using?

9. WHEN do you plan to build it?
ASAP

10. Do you need to purchase any software to go with the system, such as Windows or Blu Ray playback software?
Nah

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
These days, it's probably easiest to buy a pre-built PC. Or a console. It sucks, but unless you luck out on a cheap graphics card, you are screwed.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
These days, it's probably easiest to buy a pre-built PC. Or a console. It sucks, but unless you luck out on a cheap graphics card, you are screwed.
Sad but true. $1000 including a monitor for a gaming PC limits the choices a lot too.

I am not a fan of some of the selections in the proposed build either. Close to $200 after tax for a 10400 is unsavory. BTW OP, one of the members here is selling RX 570 4GB cards for $225 shipped. That's about as good as it gets right now. And it supports FSR in games that use it. You can just meet your budget that way.

B460 limits the ram speed with the 10400 to 2666MHz I think, and it has 1x1 wifi. I would go B560 in that price range.

Reactions: Arkaign