new build for 17 Y.o.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
Ryzen 1600 doesn't have an iGPU so you need to have the gtx 1070 in the system to get video output. Try reseating the GPU and make sure the PCI-E power cables are connected to it before you power the system. Plug the monitor into a port on the graphics card, not the ones on the motherboard.

Feb 25, 2011
Ryzen 1600 doesn't have an iGPU so you need to have the gtx 1070 in the system to get video output. Try reseating the GPU and make sure the PCI-E power cables are connected to it before you power the system. Plug the monitor into a port on the graphics card, not the ones on the motherboard.
Oops. Sorry; that.

facetman

Aug 30, 2014
Yep- got it up and running - reset Cmos did the trick - reset the GPU ( AMD 290) may also have been the issue. The LED lights on the mobo (under the heatsink) still do not work - I don't care. But all else is good - other than the front case fan not working - brand new Phanteks- irritating.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854003

I already emailed Phanteks - letting them know about the front fan not working - also said that if I put another fan to that same power 3 prong plug - it works fine- so it definitely is the fan. They did respond in one day which - " take a picture of the broken fan" . Really- its in the case- how is taking a picture going to prove anything? SO , I emailed them back, telling them its in the case - then they emailed back asking "which case fan , the 140mm or the 200mm". I responded - as I said the front case fan which is 200mm. SO , hopefully they will just send out a new fan and it wont be too difficult to put the new one in.