New Batman game this year?

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Looks like there could be another Batman game this year from Rocksteady:

And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012.

Source

I hope it's true, as I love the Batman series..

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I really, really, really want to play Batman in a near open world setting that's not an asylum.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I really, really, really want to play Batman in a near open world setting that's not an asylum.

You mean in a place that's not controlled by criminals, like it was in Arkham City? I could see the appeal of a larger scale city not completely overrun by criminals, but I think it would lose some of the pacing that made the other games good.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
You mean in a place that's not controlled by criminals, like it was in Arkham City? I could see the appeal of a larger scale city not completely overrun by criminals, but I think it would lose some of the pacing that made the other games good.

True it would, but yeah I just want to experience the good ole' typical Batman life fighting crime in Gotham.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Warner's doesn't get enough love. Between Lego and Batman series, their hands off approach and their lack of DRM issues, they are one of the better publishers out there.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Warner's doesn't get enough love. Between Lego and Batman series, their hands off approach and their lack of DRM issues, they are one of the better publishers out there.

Didn't they go with GFWL? :p

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
This is relevant to my interests. Of course I still need to finish AC...

KT

power_hour

Oct 16, 2010

DC Universe is a fun experience. Not quite Batman, but the gadgets and combos you can create make up for it. Very fun and open(ish) and free for the most part. You can play as the heroes if you pay. And the bonus it supports the Xbox controller.

But I totally agree that a more open world single player Batman or JLA game i.e. GTA would be really really cool for offline goodness.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
AA and AC do though :(

major downside for me since i hate GFWL

still want a 3rd bats game though

JoetheLion

Nov 8, 2012
"the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012." Seriously this was a good year? It's like saying this year won't be horribly bad, just slightly bad, rejoice!