New AOC Monitor

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I don't have that AOC, but I just bought a 32" 2560x1440 monitor on Sunday as luck would have it. I find the resolution and size a great combination.

I had to "downgrade" from a 40" 4K because it was just too big for me. The new monitor is much more usable, although I wish it was brighter (I wasn't blown away by my 40" screen as far as "pop" either though). I got the newer phillips 32" IPS with Ambiglow. The Ambiglow is pretty cool and works well, but also is not bright enough. Since I got it for $299 I'm not overly concerned, I'm waiting until video cards are good enough for 4K.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I don't have that AOC, but I just bought a 32" 2560x1440 monitor on Sunday as luck would have it. I find the resolution and size a great combination.

I had to "downgrade" from a 40" 4K because it was just too big for me. The new monitor is much more usable, although I wish it was brighter (I wasn't blown away by my 40" screen as far as "pop" either though). I got the newer phillips 32" IPS with Ambiglow. The Ambiglow is pretty cool and works well, but also is not bright enough. Since I got it for $299 I'm not overly concerned, I'm waiting until video cards are good enough for 4K.

Thanks for your input. I will post up my thoughts once I get it, should be here tomorrow...

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Thanks for your input. I will post up my thoughts once I get it, should be here tomorrow...

Got the monitor today, seemed great but...

HAD A DEAD PIXEL!

Sending back and will look at a few more before I replace with the same!

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Got the monitor today, seemed great but...

HAD A DEAD PIXEL!

Sending back and will look at a few more before I replace with the same!
ONE dead pixel? Try not to sweat the small stuff man :)

I bought a $950 monitor back in 200...8? And it came with a dead pixel. I was livid I could not return it (I can't remember why now). It was in the bottom right corner... not quite center but not the edge either. It was red so it really stuck out...

I used it anyway and got used to it and eventually just never noticed it. I basically wasted my time getting worked up over it, because I still own it to this day (although I did recently quit using it).

It's your money, but keep in mind time is money!! Good luck either way.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
ONE dead pixel? Try not to sweat the small stuff man :)

I bought a $950 monitor back in 200...8? And it came with a dead pixel. I was livid I could not return it (I can't remember why now). It was in the bottom right corner... not quite center but not the edge either. It was red so it really stuck out...

I used it anyway and got used to it and eventually just never noticed it. I basically wasted my time getting worked up over it, because I still own it to this day (although I did recently quit using it).

It's your money, but keep in mind time is money!! Good luck either way.

I know, but when it's BRAND new, it bugs me. If it happened after a while, that is one thing, but right out of the box, nope!