New airport in Iraq!

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
From now on, Saddam Airport is now known as Bagdad International Airport. :)

Now that we can fly troops into the heart of Iraq I think it's safe to say that Saddam's regime is close to becoming a footnote in history. I wonder what the armchair generals think about Rumsfeld and the coalition forces now.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Still think they should have temporarily named it the Jessica Lynch Intnl. Airport, at least until we left.

Or name it after the Iraqi Lawyer who risked his life and his family's to provide information so she could be rescued...

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Still think they should have temporarily named it the Jessica Lynch Intnl. Airport, at least until we left.

Or name it after the Iraqi Lawyer who risked his life and his family's to provide information so she could be rescued...
Can't do that. Muslim extremists all over the world would be going after him. He's already said he's afraid for his life.

Nice thought though.

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
I still think it shoulda be "We're gonna kick the sh!t outta Saddam Hussien" International Airport. Brought in new signs and everything for posterity.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Ilmater

Can't do that. Muslim extremists all over the world would be going after him. He's already said he's afraid for his life.

Nice thought though.

well who wouldnt want to kill ANYONE who saw someone, an injured woman no less, being tortured and felt this was somehow wrong...

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Seems a little to PC for my tastes. Germany bans all games with images of the swastica in them. Aren't we suppose to learn form our history, not rename it and hide from it?

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

That story is another lie of our propaganda spewing government controlled media. How do I know this? Because Hayabusarider, Apoppin, and Pers all state that the Iraqi people don't want us there and would rather be enslaved by Saddam than to suffer the horror of living freely under our "rule".

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Corn

That story is another lie of our propaganda spewing government controlled media. How do I know this? Because Hayabusarider, Apoppin, and Pers all state that the Iraqi people don't want us there and would rather be enslaved by Saddam than to suffer the horror of living freely under our "rule".

you've beem watching Al Jazeera again haven't you?! :p

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Crazyfool

Now that we can fly troops into the heart of Iraq I think it's safe to say that Saddam's regime is close to becoming a footnote in history. I wonder what the armchair generals think about Rumsfeld and the coalition forces now.

Eh... Iraq was way overrated.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

That would be way too corny.

Besides, she got off easy. She's already in US hands. There are still other POW's who haven't had the priveledge of being rescued yet.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: tec699
Originally posted by: Crazyfool

Eh... Iraq was way overrated.

Definitely. I knew it wouldn't be another Vietnam. Score one for Bush.