New ABC sitcom celebrates radical 'gay' activist

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
So what was your last account?

Posting World Nut Daily site links... hmmmm that seems familiar.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Honestly in the long run I think this hurts the gay movement.

Right now in the last few years we have seen some huge progress in gays gaining more rights. Many states have made it illegal to discriminate against them in the work place, we see a pretty good amount have now legalized marriage or union.

I think the reason is because a lot of gay actors and actresses or people in spotlight positions who are gay have carried it like it's no big deal and have not made a show of it and this has helped them seem less voodoo to the homophobics who had problems with it before. We see people like Jim Parsons, Ian Mckellen and a boatload of others who don't force it on others become respected as people who are good at what they do and not for what their sexual preference is.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I think "The Slap" is probably the weirdest thing coming out.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
We see people like Jim Parsons, Ian Mckellen and a boatload of others who don't force it on others become respected as people who are good at what they do and not for what their sexual preference is.

Exactly, it's all about identity politics.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
I gave the article six paragraphs and it still had not so much hinted at what it was going to discuss so I closed it.

Jan 25, 2011
Kind of makes you wonder what is it about the "Gay Agenda" that gives it entertainment value in Hollywood in the first place..... First clue, it's not gay people.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Funny how righties label gay people standing up for equal rights as radical.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Gun in the home and there are complaints about children getting to it: It's MY house! I'll take care of it!! Mind your own damn business!!

Gay man on TV and complaining about children watching him: You need to take that sinner off of the TV,.. how DARE you expose my child to him!?!shift+1!!!

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
So... what the hell is the show going to be about? The article does not say anything about it. Something like one episode he is puncturing the tires of vehicles parked at a Chick Fila then the next he throws piss filled balloons at the Westboro anti-gay fanatics (Which I would actually like)?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Like any TV series, let the ratings be their judge, jury and hangman.

Money talks. Nothing else matters in that world.

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
I couldn't care less. Anything on TV I don't like, I just don't watch. It's really simple...and doesn't matter what the topic is.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Is the OP named John? Or is he another bad version of a Sonikku troll, parodying a right winger?

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Like any TV series, let the ratings be their judge, jury and hangman.

Money talks. Nothing else matters in that world.

No kidding. Just change the channel if it bothers you. There is a reason why I don't watch BRAVO, or OWN, or VH1, or MTV, or many of those other equally stupid channels.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Honestly in the long run I think this hurts the gay movement.

Right now in the last few years we have seen some huge progress in gays gaining more rights. Many states have made it illegal to discriminate against them in the work place, we see a pretty good amount have now legalized marriage or union.

I think the reason is because a lot of gay actors and actresses or people in spotlight positions who are gay have carried it like it's no big deal and have not made a show of it and this has helped them seem less voodoo to the homophobics who had problems with it before. We see people like Jim Parsons, Ian Mckellen and a boatload of others who don't force it on others become respected as people who are good at what they do and not for what their sexual preference is.
Well said.

Personally I think Dan Savage is a pretty horrible person, but so is Michael Savage and he has a radio show.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/new-abc-sitcom-celebrates-radical-gay-activist/

Guys, what do you think about this? Is it normal or not? Imagine that our kids will watch this... And homosexuals will talk to us about discrimination and provocation? i think that real provocation is "sitcoms" like that and gay-parades, not ban on gay-marriages!

Since it's common knowledge that the wnd.com website, it's "contributers" and the reading of any content posted on it are all signs or evidence of abnormality; I would suggest that you high tail to a reputable therapist who can guide you back to normalcy.