Neverwinter Nights 2

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
My internet has been acting up lately, so I decided to put WoW on hold for awhile and dust off the old NWN 2 dvd. I installed it back in 2006, but my video card wasn't up for it. I got a new card since, so it runs smoothly now. I rolled a cleric who will eventually become a warpriest.

What did you guys think of the game, especially in comparison to the first one? I finished the first one and enjoyed it.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Loved the OC, loved the expansion. Some small complaints about how the expansion ties up, but nothing major (I can't really go into anything without spoilers). However, I do plan to buy whatever comes out next.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
The crappy pathfinding in the first one completely turned me off. Did they fix that in the second one?

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
If you liked the first one for its MP and easy-building elements, you may be disappointed.

If you wished the first one were more like Baldur's Gate, you'll love it.

The game has been out long enough for a number of really excellent player-made mods to have been released. Don't miss Asphyxia.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
They've released a good number of patches since then, (and they are still working on it), to a point where it has become a better game. The ability now to 'lasso' your players and give them orders ala BGII is a great addition. I have not really touched the expansion yet, so i cant comment there.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I loved it. not sure if its better then BGII though or even NWN 1. but i enjoyed it and the expansion

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Liked it very much, but didn't care for the expansion's gimmick additions to gameplay.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy
I loved it. not sure if its better then BGII though or even NWN 1. but i enjoyed it and the expansion

bg2 >>>>>>>>> nwn2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nwn1

i thought nwn1 OC was crap (HOTU was tons of fun though :))

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I liked the NWN2 campaign a lot, but didn't care too much for the expansion. Didn't like the soul eater thing and thought the story was too convoluted and overdone.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Good game, the expansion pack was even better. If you install it, run the update utility and get the latest path. You do not want to play it in the state it was in on the DvD. Probably my favorite "new" game. There is a significant amount of community made content out there if you want a new game on the same engine for free.

If you get annoyed by the hunger, you can easily edit some xml files with notepad in your saved games to satisfy it. On an unrelated note, a similar trick can be used to stop global warming in Civ IV;)