nevermind

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Transition
Originally posted by: Mill
I certainly wouldn't send a letter admitting guilt.

Right, he was caught red handed stealing the shift knob. What else do you suggest, OJ?
The letter is a really dumb idea. :p

Forget it . . . learn a lesson . . . pass it on . . . . post all about it on OT. :D

rolleye.gif

GT578

Feb 7, 2000
Don't they usually take the shift knob out for the auto shows? Thats what I noticed at the shows in Atlanta.....

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
does anyone know anythign about the legal system? How long can they wait before deciding they do want to press charges

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: halik
does anyone know anythign about the legal system? How long can they wait before deciding they do want to press charges
Ask a lawyer in your state.

Y0u are the ONLY one thinking about this (good, you have a conscience) . . . it isn't like you broke something or comitted a major crime.

The person who COULD press charges has forgotten about it and is probably asleep (unlike you). :)

Learn your lesson and steal no more. :)

rolleye.gif

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
I hate to point out the obvious but you fvcked up twice...

1. You stole the knob...

2. You asked for legal advice on ATOT.... ;)

Ask the officer if there is anyway you can get a letter of appology to the person you tried to fvck since you don't know who it should go to. If he doesn't have it, then just thank whatever god you pray to that the owner didn't press charges and learn your lesson. If the guy contacts the officer later to press charges (doubt he ever would) then the officer could tell him "That punk @ss kid did want your contact info to send an appology to but I didn't give it."

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: TheGameIs21
I hate to point out the obvious but you fvcked up twice...

1. You stole the knob...

2. You asked for legal advice on ATOT.... ;)

Ask the officer if there is anyway you can get a letter of appology to the person you tried to fvck since you don't know who it should go to. If he doesn't have it, then just thank whatever god you pray to that the owner didn't press charges and learn your lesson. If the guy contacts the officer later to press charges (doubt he ever would) then the officer could tell him "That punk @ss kid did want your contact info to send an appology to but I didn't give it."

3 times

3. You PERSIST in asking for advice here. :p

Most of it is useless.

rolleye.gif

edited

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
The only person who I'd listen to on ATOT for legal advice would be Mill. Since they arn't pressing charges now they probably arn't going to press charges in the future but it's really hard to tell. Stealing a shift nob was a really stupid idea too.:beer:

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: tweakmm
The only person who I'd listen to on ATOT for legal advice would be Mill. Since they arn't pressing charges now they probably arn't going to press charges in the future but it's really hard to tell. Stealing a shift nob was a really stupid idea too.:beer:
Devils Advocate has a pretty good grasp of litigation and sometimes gives some good legal advice.

it isn't a big deal . . . IF you quit taking things that aren't yours

;)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Give me a break!
rolleye.gif
"Litigation"..."Apology Note"...whatever!!

The guy STOLE a shift knob off a showcar, and then got caught. Period. How pitiful is that? Stop conveniently ignoring the facts.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: tweakmm

And Don Vito.

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Ok.

1) That was really dumb

2) I'm also not a lawyer but

3) I'm pretty sure writing a letter here would be a very bad move. What are you going to say "I'm sorry I stole your shift knob, please don't prosecute me?" That sure sounds like 100% admission of guilt and an easy way to land yourself in more trouble.

As far as anyone knows, the shift knob was loose and you were just curious how it attached. Be thankful that nothing bad happened to you, and never ever go back there.