Neverending Rock Band DLC Thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Even though I don't play RB as much these days, I will probably buy RB3 and continue to support Harmonix. Making sure that all of their songs are backwards compatible for every game (minus Beatles, but understandable) since RB1 is just so rare these days I just have to support them.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Here's something interesting coming out of the E3 Booth Walkthrough video (which is otherwise rather lackluster). Right around the 8-minute mark, you can see the huge song board in the background, and read a section of "The Rolling Stones" songs. It's blurry, but you can tell that there are 3 songs under that section. However, the only existing Rolling Stones song in Rock Band is Gimme Shelter, so this implies that 2 more Rolling Stones songs will be released as DLC shortly. We'll probably get the titles today, once someone at E3 gets a better picture of that board.

Unfortunately this turned out to be a red herring. There was an artist underneath the Rolling Stones whose name didn't get bolded (Ron Wasserman), so it made it look like two more songs in the blurry video.

Clear pic

Oh well.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
There's a poster at E3 advertising a Country Track Pack 2, but no word on what is in it. Previous track packs have contained some already-released and some unreleased songs.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Alright, I know people are going to flame this one, but as far as I'm concerned if this generates revenue from the masses that keeps Harmonix making incredible stuff like Rock Band 3, I'm all for it.

MTV is reporting that a Miley Cyrus 5-pack will be released for Rock Band on June 22nd. It seems slightly confused though, because it lists the song "See You Again" as appearing twice in the 5-pack. I assume that's a typo.

Here's a different article about the Miley pack that didn't mess it up; the missing song from the first announcement is "Start All Over".

Cyrus is making her "Rock Band" debut when five her songs hit the game's music store where fans will be able to play along with her singles "Can't Be Tamed," "7 Things," "Fly on the Wall," "See You Again," and "Start All Over." The tracks, which will be available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii versions, will be available for download on June 22nd.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Here's an interesting find from a Miley Cyrus DLC commercial - it has a shot in it that appears to reveal part of an upcoming 3-pack from Ministry, including "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" which has been rumored in the past. The other two visible songs are "Cuz U R Next" (already released) and "Stigmata" (new).

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTEuanBn.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I like Miley, but my granddaughter loves her, so this is great !

Start All Over is a great song.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
OK, I'm fully prepared for everyone to hate on this but I'm not ashamed to say I'm happy about it, especially Photograph (though, given the choice, I'd rather have the Def Leppard track!).

Hey gang,

Next week's DLC will feature a 6 pack from Rock Band newcomers Nickelback. What more do you need to know?! I think that says it all right there. Here's the run down of tracks and pricing.

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (June 29):

“Burn It to the Ground”
“Figured You Out”
“Never Again”
“Photograph”
“Rockstar”
“This Afternoon”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system June 30)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Nickelback Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points) for Nickelback Pack 01

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Ugh... Of course them being released as DLC lessens the chance of seeing them in RB3, so now I can just ignore it instead of being forced to play it on single player.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Ugh... Of course them being released as DLC lessens the chance of seeing them in RB3, so now I can just ignore it instead of being forced to play it on single player.

I hear ya man, can't stand nickelback. I like how they call themselves hard rock when most of their fans are probably middle aged women (like my mom).

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Hadn't thought of it that way. Good point.

I hear ya man, can't stand nickelback. I like how they call themselves hard rock when most of their fans are probably middle aged women (like my mom).

Yeah, I think "generic" would be more fitting.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Well, here's something interesting. It appears that an early version of the Miley Cyrus pack accidentally contained an extra song - Party in the USA. I'm not sure if this means there will be more Miley DLC, or if they are planning on making that a RB3 song or that it was originally intended to be part of this pack but got pulled for some reason.

Last edited:

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I can't get to my Xbox right now, but I'm hearing reports that the latest Major's Minute on Xbox Live is advertising a Creedence Clearwater Revival pack for next week, and that it will be 1600 MSP, which means a LARGE pack. This sounds pretty good, I would definitely get at least some CCR songs.

ASTOCADDIDS

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
playing the pro mode instruments would be awesome, i just dont think id ever be able to bring myself to buying them when i have perfectly fine regular rock band instruments

also seeing a doors song on there makes me happy c:

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
playing the pro mode instruments would be awesome, i just dont think id ever be able to bring myself to buying them when i have perfectly fine regular rock band instruments

also seeing a doors song on there makes me happy c:

I think you want the Rock Band 3 thread, not this one.

That being said, welcome to the forum!

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Sorry the update is a bit late this week, I'm on vacation in sunny Las Vegas. And just as I go away, Harmonix announces an epic pack of CCR, chock full of great stuff. They even replaced the cover version of Fortunate Son (though it wasn't bad). If you don't think you recognize this stuff, check the YouTube links, you almost certainly will (or maybe you are just a young whippersnapper, in which case get off my lawn). :)

Hi Fellers and Ladies!
Super exciting week of DLC coming up. One of my all-time favorite bands, Creedence Clearwater Revival, with a 12 pack!!!

Available on Xbox 360®, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (July 6):

· “Bad Moon Rising”
· “Born on the Bayou”
· “Down on the Corner”
· “Fortunate Son (Original Version)”
· “Green River”
· “I Heard It Through the Grapevine”
· “Lookin’ Out My Back Door”
· “Proud Mary”
· “Run Through the Jungle”
· “Travelin’ Band”
· “Up Around the Bend”
· “Who’ll Stop the Rain”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 7)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points) for Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

ksheets

Aug 11, 2000
Wow! I have'nt bought any DLC in like 10 months...now Im going to have to buy an entire pack this week!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Sorry the update is a bit late this week, I'm on vacation in sunny Las Vegas. And just as I go away, Harmonix announces an epic pack of CCR, chock full of great stuff. They even replaced the cover version of Fortunate Son (though it wasn't bad). If you don't think you recognize this stuff, check the YouTube links, you almost certainly will (or maybe you are just a young whippersnapper, in which case get off my lawn). :)

Finally, some ROCK for Rockband! Woohoo!

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
For those of you on the 360, this is a heads up that the Xbox LIVEapalooza Rock Band DLC Sale started today and runs through 7/12. A whole bunch of Rock Band DLC packs (and a few singles) are on sale. I never got around to getting Wonderwall, I might have to grab that on sale.

EDIT: RockBandAide has a nice rundown of the sale packs with prices.

Hey gang,

For the next week, selected Rock Band DLC will be on sale via Xbox's LIVEapalooza sale! DLC, for those of you out of the loop, is downloadable content, additional songs that you can purchase via the in game music store to beef up your Rock Band library. Maybe you have some DLC already, maybe you have a ton of the DLC already... but if you don't have all of the DLC, then check out the content listed below to find out what you can pick up for cheap.

You can buy discounted tracks from Foo Fighters, Boston, Disturbed, The Killers, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Slipknot, Tom Petty, Weezer, and more! Check out the full list below! Tracks are discounted as much as 50% so get buying, because the sale ends July 12th!

Here's the full list of LIVEapalooza DLC on sale, plus links to buy at XboxLIVE.com:

AFI Pack 01
Blink 182 Pack 02
Boston Pack 01
Disturbed Pack 01
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (Album)
Going Country Pack 01
Green Day Pack 01
The Killers 01
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? (Album)
Metallica Pack 01
Nirvana Pack 01
Oasis - "Wonderwall"
Pearl Jam - Backspacer (Album)
Pearl Jam - Ten (Album)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Album)
Slipknot Pack 01
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 01
Weezer - "Buddy Holly"
The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition
Wolfmother Pack 01

Last edited:

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
It looks like Microsoft let the cat out of the bag on some July 13th DLC. This link at Xbox 360 Achievements shows "Rock Band®: The Vines (MTV Games) - July 13 | 680 Microsoft Points". I'm not familiar with The Vines, it seems that they are an Australian band. The point pricing indicates that this should be a 5-pack.

Last edited:

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Have they said anything about forward compatibility with promode on their DLC?

I'm sure it is way too much work and effort to convert all of their DLC to the new pro mode and keyboards but is the stuff that is releasing now forward compatible?

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Have they said anything about forward compatibility with promode on their DLC?

I'm sure it is way too much work and effort to convert all of their DLC to the new pro mode and keyboards but is the stuff that is releasing now forward compatible?

The current DLC does not contain any pro mode stuff except for drums, which uses existing animation information to chart the cymbals. There will be no full-blown pro mode DLC until the release of Rock Band 3. In fact, the indications are that the post-RB3 DLC may no longer be compatible with Rock Band 1 and 2, though of course all the old DLC will still work fine in RB3. As much as I like the idea of pro mode and keyboards, it's not stopping me from picking up good stuff that comes out now, knowing that I'll still be able to enjoy it as-is in RB3.

There's no word on whether any old DLC will get retrofitted with pro mode yet; the library is so huge that there's no possible way they could do everything. I'd love to see some of the more popular packs get upgraded (Queen keyboards anyone?), but it's something HMX isn't ready to discuss yet.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Yeah that's what I figured. I'll just wait then. Unfortunately regular rock band isn't fun for me anymore.