Never Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Hillary comparing him to Hitler apparently didn't go over too well it seems.
That and it gets expensive for Russia to fight in all the wars Bush, Obama and Clinton have started. I'm sure Putin would prefer concentrating on wars that help him rebuild the greater Russian Empire than having to spend money propping up friendly dictators when we attack them or their neighbors.

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
Add Beau Correll to the list.
Don't know who he is?
Seems he owns a criminal defense law firm in Virginia.
And he's suing so he can vote against Trump without fear of getting sued by said Trump.
https://www.rt.com/usa/348306-trump-lawsuit-virginia-delegate/

Virginia’s law states: "Delegates and alternates shall be bound to vote on the first ballot at the national convention for the candidate receiving the most votes in the primary unless that candidate releases those delegates and alternates from such vote."

Currently, that is Trump. However, the federal law that supersedes it “guarantees delegates to the Republican Party's and Democratic Party's national conventions the right to vote their conscience, free from government compulsion.” That federal law is the First Amendment of the Constitution.
This should be interesting.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
My list trumps yours. It's yuge. Yours is little, like little marco rubio.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

This is an apples to oranges comparison. It is no surprise that more republicans support Trump than do not support him. This is true of every major party candidate. What is surprising is the sheer number who say they will never vote for him.

Also, eskimospy is correct. While your list seems large, you might take a look at his counter-part's list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hillary_Clinton_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016

That's, what, 6 times larger?

Just take a look at the House and Senate, for example. Clinton has 99-100% endorsement from congressional dems. Trump has about 25% of GOP Senators and 15% of GOP reps. Why aren't Congressional repubs endorsing Trump?

Oops.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
What's funny is that for a presidential nominee that list is actually really small. Also some of the people in it are hilarious. Trump has been endorsed by former Blackwater executives! What a wonderful thing! Orly Taiz, dentist and birther! Lol.

He is by far the saddest and weakest nominee I have seen in my lifetime.

LOL Dan Bilzerian is on there too.

My neighbor is for Trump, should I add his name to that endorsement list? lol

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly the "Never Trump" people are losers, I'm not fishing for a Trump joke. Start something productive or support a 3rd party but to want to gum up the works so voters wishes aren't respected is bitchy behavior. The above delegate who doesn't want to vote Trump then don't and accept the penalty which would most likely be nothing other than not being a delegate again.

Meanwhile Trumps people are having trouble finding speakers for the rally.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...speak-at-his-convention/ar-AAhJa2x?li=BBnb7Kz

Last edited:

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Just take a look at the House and Senate, for example. Clinton has 99-100% endorsement from congressional dems. Trump has about 25% of GOP Senators and 15% of GOP reps. Why aren't Congressional repubs endorsing Trump?

Oops.

Oops? They are a bunch of dirty rat filth scum with a 9% approval rating. If he was the kind of candidate who was actually seeking to represent them (instead of the actual people) then obviously he would get their support. But screw them. They all envy the Clinton Foundation and would all gladly take millions in bribes for arms deals if they could.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Oops? They are a bunch of dirty rat filth scum with a 9% approval rating. If he was the kind of candidate who was actually seeking to represent them (instead of the actual people) then obviously he would get their support. But screw them. They all envy the Clinton Foundation and would all gladly take millions in bribes for arms deals if they could.

Yeah, screw them, blah blah. I'm not interested in how admirable they are as a group. I'm more interested in why they don't endorse their own party's candidate. Could it be that they believe doing so will harm them politically? Given what motivates Congress, I think that's a safe assumption.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Honestly the "Never Trump" people are losers, I'm not fishing for a Trump joke. Start something productive or support a 3rd party but to want to gum up the works so voters wishes aren't respected is bitchy behavior. The above delegate who doesn't want to vote Trump then don't and accept the penalty which would most likely be nothing other than not being a delegate again.

Meanwhile Trumps people are having trouble finding speakers for the rally.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...speak-at-his-convention/ar-AAhJa2x?li=BBnb7Kz
Agreed. I have zero respect for someone who wants to be a delegate but refuses to follow the rules of such. Screw those little prima donas - if they cannot in good conscience vote for Trump, then let them drop out and be replaced.

Not even dirty rat filth scum will support Trump.
:D I see what you did there. Nice!