network printer cannot be deleted

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
I have a network printer installed, but it has since been removed on the remote computer. However, when I try to remove the networked printer from my local machine, I get:

Printer connection cannot be removed. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server

Ok, great, it still won't let me delete it after that message. Any suggestions?

Thanks

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: Old Hippie
I always try safe mode when I get the "You can't do that" crap.

it's not going to show up.... the printer is a network printer w/ my domain login. Altho, hrm.. will safemode w/ networking allow for domain log ins still? I guess that's next to try

and yes, printer spool restart was tried.

jlazzaro

Golden Member
May 6, 2004
Originally posted by: randomlinh
Originally posted by: Old Hippie
I always try safe mode when I get the "You can't do that" crap.

it's not going to show up.... the printer is a network printer w/ my domain login. Altho, hrm.. will safemode w/ networking allow for domain log ins still? I guess that's next to try

and yes, printer spool restart was tried.
safemode without networking should allow for your domain login. you will have cached credentials on that computer...

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: jlazzaro
safemode without networking should allow for your domain login. you will have cached credentials on that computer...
No such luck. Unfortunately, I could not try safe mode w/ networking because it refuses to boot in that manner.. sigh.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
no policy is preventing this?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Policies DWORD=NoDeletePrinter

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: rdubbz420
no policy is preventing this?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Policies DWORD=NoDeletePrinter

on the remote machine or local machine? It have other printers on the local machine that can delete just fine.

I'll try the suggestions above as well