Netflix

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why does Netflix and kin not get into news? I think the potential is great and I can only deduce that it will have a massive liberal bias... Right?
Stream todays whatever msnbc show etc.
It should happen as a direct opposition to Fox and retarded siblings.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Why does Netflix and kin not get into news? I think the potential is great and I can only deduce that it will have a massive liberal bias... Right?
How rewatchable is news?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Define News
You need to distinguish between news and editorial\opinion garbage.
Traditionally News requires journalists who investigate and report on the fact\current events.
That's not to be confused with talking head bullshit trying to entertain you with opinion.
FoxNews is NOT a news organization. It's a political entertainment organization.
In order to succeed as political entertainment, you need to adopt similar strategies.

Don't insult news organizations by comparing them to Foxnews.
It's like comparing American Psychological Association to Dr. Phil or the The Creation Museum to Museum of Natural History.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Define News
Traditionally News requires journalists who investigate and report on the fact\current events.
That's not to be confused with talking head bullshit trying to entertain you with opinion.
FoxNews is NOT a news organization. It's a political entertainment organization.
In order to succeed as political entertainment, you need to adopt similar strategies.

It's like comparing American Psychological Association to Dr. Phil or the The Creation Museum to Museum of Natural History.
Fox is basically an arm of the RNC.

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
How rewatchable is news?

Rewatchable enough that you can go to any tv stations homepage and watch highlights from their shows.

I get that it would break with the square that these streaming services fit into right now ... I just see a lost opportunity to pack in some good willed propaganda, thats all.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Define News

I would partner up with a couple of major news networks and deliver quality content as you describe.
But make no mistake, there is a reason Hannity is the success that he is. We may no like it, but that shit works. Need to get the message out and these platforms are the new platform.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I would partner up with a couple of major news networks and deliver quality content as you describe.
But make no mistake, there is a reason Hannity is the success that he is. We may no like it, but that shit works. Need to get the message out and these platforms are the new platform.

The Counter to Hannity\Fucker KKKarlson\ and the like are Last Week Tonight and The Daily Show where humor is used to show what sort of fuctardery (From the Latin wors 'anusisurom') goes on. On the serious side you have show like Vice.

Reactions: iRONic

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The Counter to Hannity\Fucker KKKarlson\ and the like are Last Week Tonight and The Daily Show where humor is used to show what sort of fuctardery (From the Latin wors 'anusisurom') goes on. On the serious side you have show like Vice.
Yes!
Get that shit on Netflix.
A generation of Netflix and Chill will thank you.
Imagine all the liberal girlfriends forcing their moron boyfriends to Netflix and Chill before giving up the goods. Its perfect.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Patriot Act was a good political issue show on Netflix but it got cancelled. I mean sometimes Hasan's hyper active delivery could be a bit much but honestly he did do a good deep dive into one main issue on each episode. It wasn't just bashing Trump, I mean on the episode about the excessive cost of college and why that was so, he pulled out a Trump quote and agreed with it on being part of the reason.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yeah, Netflix already tried this with Patriot Act. I guess that it didn't really work for Netflix, since the news shows go "stale" quickly and it doesn't have much replay value.

It was a decent show at times, but yeah... HUGE Liberal bias on that one.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
How is potentially alienating 30% of their subscribers good for their business model? There is already plenty of distribution of network and cable news, so throwing some of that onto Netflix achieves what exactly?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Why would they?

They would have to hire "on-air" personalities that can attract viewers. Under the current business model, they just need to negotiate with studios, and have a cadre of technical people to keep that lights on and the videos streaming.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I want to watch zombie movies where they eat Republican brains, get Creutzfeld-Jakob disease from those brains insanity which makes them come back to life in a psych ward.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 8, 2012
Define News

Says the idiot that watches the likes of Rachel Maddow I'm sure lol.

While I agree with your general sentiment, it's always hilarious how you toolbags can blind yourself to only Fox.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003