Netflix help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylitol

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2005
Instead of having the quality of the streaming videos be decreased, is there a way for me to let the better quality videos buffer for a while?

Thanks

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Nope. Not yet.
I keep hoping for more from their video player but its not likely to happen soon. Maybe when they start with HD content it will also include a better player.

I have no idea what the home player is like (for TV viewing). I dont feel like spending the 99 dollars for it. Supposedly it is much better than anything Apple can come up with.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Nope. Not yet.
I keep hoping for more from their video player but its not likely to happen soon. Maybe when they start with HD content it will also include a better player.

I have no idea what the home player is like (for TV viewing). I dont feel like spending the 99 dollars for it. Supposedly it is much better than anything Apple can come up with.

it works great on the 360

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
There is software that buffers almost the entire movie, Playon. It is a media server that allows content like hulu, netflix to be streamed to devices like directv DVR.
http://www.themediamall.com/playon
When paused the download continues and it builds a temp file with the movie content that continues to grow in size till it reached about 1.4GB for one hour.
Netflix is trying to switch everyone over to silverlight to display the content. That is causing some people problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.