Nerf guns + corporate office

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
So gradually our group, consisting of about 10 people, have accumulated about 6 office nerf guns. We work in a corporate environment with sutis and ties walking by every now and then, but we periodically shoot each other in the middle of silence. Quite comical, especially when it escalates to about 20 nerf darts in the air at a time.

3 weeks of this, and so far, no one has gotten in trouble.

We'll see what happens when this is released:
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9874043-1.html

R Nilla

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2006
I don't have any Nerf guns, but I'm determined to buy that Vulcan when it comes out, perhaps as a (early?) Christmas present for my brother in college. It sounds like a ton of fun.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The Vulcan already seems like a fearsome Nerf gun, but its motorized system and pivoting tripod practically beg for some enterprising toy modder to drill, cut, and solder on some servo motors and make their very own Nerf sentry turret. The Nerf Vulcan EBF-25 ships in Fall 2008, with a retail price of $40.

LOL!

That thing looks wicked. I wonder how fast/far you can actually launch things with it.

Jan 18, 2001
I love playing dodge the bullet with my kids...

1) They run in front of me as I lay on the couch...they employ all kinds of stupid yet hilarious moves like the 'ninja somersault' and the 'end-zone fake out'.
2) I shoot them with nerf bullets as often as possible (2 hits / run is the best possible with my current gun).
3) They pick up the bullets and return to them to me.
4) Repeat

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude

1) They run in front of me as I lay on the couch...they employ all kinds of stupid yet hilarious moves like the 'ninja somersault' and the 'end-zone fake out'.
2) I shoot them with nerf bullets as often as possible (2 hits / run is the best possible with my current gun).
4) Repeat

That proofs yet again Kids > Dogs.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude

4) Repeat

lol how old are the kids? hopefully not older than 5.

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
I brought one of these to work one day. It was highly entertaining watching my boss and co-worker chase each other around and ninja behind LCD monitors and scanners.

Good times, good times... I might need to bring it in again one day. We could do target practice during the down time.

XxPrOdiGyxX

Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: AntiFreze
So gradually our group, consisting of about 10 people, have accumulated about 6 office nerf guns. We work in a corporate environment with sutis and ties walking by every now and then, but we periodically shoot each other in the middle of silence. Quite comical, especially when it escalates to about 20 nerf darts in the air at a time.

3 weeks of this, and so far, no one has gotten in trouble.

We'll see what happens when this is released:
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9874043-1.html

Been there, done that. People now have sidearms to go along with their primary guns. But now we've moved on to mini radio controlled cars. We drive them around through people's cubes or go in the lab and race each other.

SpiderWiz

Nov 24, 2004
During our gift exchange at Christmas I got this nerf gun. I started shooting people in the office, until 'teacher's pet' quickly complained that I was going to put out someone's eye. So no office fun for me. :(

Dec 26, 2007
Yeah I wish I could bring that to my office, I would have so much fun with NERF guns here

Just randomly throughout the day shoot somebody in the leg while they are working.... fun times

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
i've been hit in the head about 10 times today, but it's awesome when you miss one person, and hit the person behind them and the whole office hears a loud "OW!"