Neil Patrick Harris & the Super Bowl

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The funny thing about this is that A) Tebow isn't the only player to ever put a message in his eye black. B) Tebow hasn't once done it during his NFL career because it's not allowed in the NFL. C) They are by no means mocking the messages Tebow put in his eye black, they are mocking the practice of putting a message in eye black.

Any outrage over this is stupid, but then again people that read WND to do anything other than mock it are idiots.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/gay-cbs-star-now-mimics-tim-tebow/

Apparently Harris and CBS are mocking Tim Tebow and Christians, according to right-wing nutjob site WND.

Manufactured problem or legitimate concern?

If you answer "legitimate concern", you're an idiot.

I don't know.. I read the link in the OP and I see the article asking the question if people feel this ad is attacking Christians and Tim Tebow.

From the article... One football fan who watched the CBS promo Sunday made the connection between Harris and Tebow, saying, “They’re pushing a gay agenda by using him, and they’re mocking Christians at the same time.”

Pay attention to the bolded text. I am with DocSavageFan on this one in regards of the need to post this here. Why not just comment on the article?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I don't know.. I read the link in the OP and I see the article asking the question if people feel this ad is attacking Christians and Tim Tebow.

From the article... One football fan who watched the CBS promo Sunday made the connection between Harris and Tebow, saying, “They’re pushing a gay agenda by using him, and they’re mocking Christians at the same time.”

Look at the voting results of the people who have signed up to the WND website and voted.

Pay attention to the bolded text. I am with DocSavageFan on this one in regards of the need to post this here. Why not just comment on the article?

Need? The "need" is nothing more than my choice to post it here... which is no more or less important than your choice to comment.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Last edited:

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
I care enough to post in this thread that I don't care...and you can take that about all of this, Tim Tebow, Christians, the Superbowl, or gay rights....none of it has any bearing on me so why put any time beyond writing this post into thinking about it.

Apr 27, 2012
It is not bigoted to say there is idiocy in the Christian right-wing. There is. There's also violent Islamic people, morbidly obese southerners, flamingly feminine homosexual men, intellectually-challenged pot smokers, incredibly dumb blondes, and perpetually-drunk Irishmen.

This is not even a real issue, In this particular case there is NO GAY AGENDA OR ATTACK ON CHRISTIANITY

But I have to take the OP to task
Your double standards are amazing, There might be a small amount of idiots in the "Christian right wing" But I dont see the Christians calling for gay people to be executed.

Now compare that to radical Islamists which would want to KILL you, How come you dont speak out against them? I dont recall seeing you in my threads about radical Islam :confused:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Your double standards are amazing, There might be a small amount of idiots in the "Christian right wing" But I dont see the Christians calling for gay people to be executed.

So? They don't have to want gay people killed to be idiotic with wholly wrong beliefs.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
This is not even a real issue, In this particular case there is NO GAY AGENDA OR ATTACK ON CHRISTIANITY

Now compare that to radical Islamists which would want to KILL you, How come you dont speak out against them? I dont recall seeing you in my threads about radical Islam :confused:

Yes, radical Muslims in Muslim run countries do want to kill homosexuals. So do radical Christians in Christian run African countries. Radical religious people in any country tend to make bad decisions. I've seen Christians in this country call for the death of homosexuals. I've seen Christians in this country cheer the death of soldiers and children and claim that god does it as punishment for homosexuals existing. Islam is less than a percent of the population of the US and holds virtually no political power so you don't get a lot of mention here since the majority of this board is US based.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
This thread...a manufactured problem or legitimate concern?

If you answer "legitimate concern", you're an idiot.

You do have a very good point. This whole thing is obviously a non-issue. I don't understand the need to bring any attention to it by anyone. The irony being that the harsh language used by the OP suggests legitimate concern.

OP, you need to check yourself in an honest manner.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
On this subject:
who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
You do have a very good point. This whole thing is obviously a non-issue. I don't understand the need to bring any attention to it by anyone. The irony being that the harsh language used by the OP suggests legitimate concern.

OP, you need to check yourself in an honest manner.

:rolleyes: You don't get it either, do you? It's obvious by looking at the poll results on the WND site that this Neil Patrick Harris thing is a big deal for the vast majority of WND subscribers who read the article.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Man here I was looking forward to watching a bunch of strong, strapping young men in tight pants chase after each other, wresting one another to the ground and slapping each others asses to celebrate and CBS had to go and gay the whole thing up.

Bastards.
LMAO!

I find football generally tedious and Neil Patrick Harris generally funny, but if this is mocking . . .

Well, let's just say it ain't gonna leave a mark.