Neighbors are really starting to get on my nerves

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Neighbor 1 - Husband owns a restaurant. Wife stays at home with their two little girls. One of the two goes to a private kindergarten. He bought a brand new Nissan Titan last year. He followed that up with a Harley. Now he just bought a brand new Nissan Armada. Neither he or his wife have health insurance. His children are on the taxpayer funded Georgia Peachcare program which is only for children in households that make less than $36,000 (family of three) or $44,000 (family of four).

Clearly this guy is earning more than $44,000 a year but is hiding all his money in his business so he pays almost nothing in personal income tax and can take advantage of the system. Good for him. But its me paying for his daughters' healthcare when he can afford it himself.

Neighbor 2 - Husband got out of jail (three strike DUI + fake licenses) at the end of last year. His wife makes about $25k/year with no insurance. She was having to take in renters while he was in jail to pay for their house, sell her SUV for a small car, and I was mowing their lawn. He gets out of jail and they get into a wreck not long after. Then they get a BMW. As far as we can tell the guy has no job. He's told my wife that he helps his brother-in-law with a carpet cleaning business. Riiiiiiight. Now he showed up the other day with a brand new BMW SUV that he has to show off to me. He also was carrying a 40GB iPod he was giving as a gift to someone. He already has one for himself you see.

Now his wife and he just had another baby. Guess who paid for it. That's right. Taxpayers.

Maybe it is just the combination of the two of them together since they live on either side of me but this is really starting to bug me. My wife and I are living the straight and narrow path as best we can and we've got these folks taking our money and others when there is no reason for them to.

Cliffs:
- Neighbor 1 buys Nissan Titan and Armada and Harley. His two kids are on Georgia Peachcare where you have to make less than $44,000 to be eligible.
- Neighbor 2 gets out of jail buys wife BMW and now buys a BMW SUV along with iPods. State pays for his wife's pregnancy.
- Me pissed off while trying to live right.

robothouse77

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: George P Burdell
you really need to move away from this neighborhood

how would that help? he and everyone else who pay taxes are victims of this kind of fraud.

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Are you a democrat or republican? Does this topic belong in p&n?

I agree with you though. I witness this type of behavior myself and I hate it.

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Slvrtg277

What does this have to do with his political affiliation?

L

Lola

I can totally agree with you.
I see this all the time.
People come in to my office (insurance office) and are *barely* making it living in a dumpy trailer/mobilehome thats only worth about 5k and yet are buying new jet skis, have prada purses and then are complaining they cannot find a job and are on welfare.

I know how you feel.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

Independent that leans on the conservative side. I don't think this belongs in P&N. This more of a general rant of me being between neighbors taking advantage of a system that eats me up in taxes.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001

Is this political? Seems to me a member of either party wouldn't like that kind of behavior.

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Originally posted by: igowerf

That belongs in p&n. I'm not bringing it here, nor am I going into p&n.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
sounds like your hood is sliding downhill quickly like mine. Time to move out to the country where you can afford to buy 10 acres.

Malfeas

Apr 27, 2005
Don't be nice, do you duty as an honest taxpayer and report them. There are actual poor people who do need help, not these conartists.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Bozono
good thing they're not Mexican I guess

J/K

<cough> Neighbor 1 is Mexican. They're legal as far as I can tell though.

Neighbor 2 is Columbian/Puerto Rican

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
karma dude. Just keep your side of the street clean.

they will get what's coming to them...

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Siva

Is this political? Seems to me a member of either party wouldn't like that kind of behavior.

Ok seems a few people are curious, so I'll post why I asked.

I am definitely going on pure opinion based on what I've noticed around my area, but it seems to me that Democrats lean towards the "something-for-nothing, I deserve it even if I didn't work for it" programs/treatment far more than republicans.

That may not be correct and I'm not closed-minded about it. It just seems that way to me.

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Malfeas
Don't be nice, do you duty as an honest taxpayer and report them. There are actual poor people who do need help, not these conartists.

Agree:thumbsup:

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
Originally posted by: igowerf

That belongs in p&n. I'm not bringing it here, nor am I going into p&n.

:confused:

shuan24

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: TBone48
Originally posted by: Malfeas

Agree:thumbsup:

Sounds like a good idea, but report them with what evidence? Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
I am definitely going on pure opinion based on what I've noticed around my area, but it seems to me that Democrats lean towards the "something-for-nothing, I deserve it even if I didn't work for it" programs/treatment far more than republicans.

This really has nothing to do with the existence of the "something-for-nothing" programs. It has to do with people taking advantage of the system and making others pay when they can afford their own healthcare.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
How and why do you care so much about your neighbors? This is not simply a case of noticing someone get hit or abused. You are obviously making an effort to investigate their lives. Seems excessive to me.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
How and why do you care so much about your neighbors? This is not simply a case of noticing someone get hit or abused. You are obviously making an effort to investigate their lives. Seems excessive to me.

LOL. Yeah, I did some real investigative work there. I was bustin' my balls when my wife and I were standing out in the yard talking with the wife of Neighbor #1 and she told us how she had to go all the way to such and such hospital because they don't have insurance and that her daughters were on the Peachcare Program.

Pretty much the same thing with the other neighbor. It is amazing what people will tell you in the course of casual conversation.

I care because it is my and other people's money being abused when these folks can afford healthcare on their own and it affects the people who truly need to use those programs.

Slvrtg277

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Queasy

This really has nothing to do with the existence of the "something-for-nothing" programs. It has to do with people taking advantage of the system and making others pay when they can afford their own healthcare.

I understand that. I originally asked the op what he was, based on my observations around here. If he turned out to be a democrat, I'd be wondering if he supported those types of programs that make some of the actions of his neighbors so easily possible.

It was all just curiosity.