Needs dual output video card

imported_intricate

Jan 2, 2009
I have 2 ACER 21.5" LCDs and need a dual output video card with NVIDIA chipset, prefer NEWEGG, for any of the following expansion slots:

* 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
* 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
* 2 x PCI slots

I will be reading charts with symbols as my primary application. No gaming.

Is it better to get (2) DVI output video card or a DVI and D-sub output video card? I MUST support two monitors.

I prefer to keep the cost under 60$ if possible.

Thanks friends and wizards.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Anything on this list would work fine. I'm assuming this is non-3d office work or the like

imported_intricate

Jan 2, 2009
How do i know if i need a single link or a dual link DVI cable to these monitors:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/...cer+America-_-24009157

Whats the difference between the single link and dual link DVI cables (other than a few pins) and since these monitors have a HDMI input, can I use an adapter from DVI out of the video card to the HDMI input of the monitors? Would that provide a higher quality image than DVI to DVI?

Thank you kindly.

imported_intricate

Jan 2, 2009
Where can I download an ACER user manual for the Acer H213H bmid LCD? Cant seem to find it anywhere and am sure it would help answer whetherI need a single or dual link DVI cable?

Thank you.

vj8usa

Dec 19, 2005
You don't need dual link DVI for that. Single link is enough for a 2.75MP image (1920x1080 = just over 2MP).

And there would be absolutely no point in converting DVI to HDMI. Just using DVI will give you the exact same image. Certain video cards with HDMI support can output audio, but that's about the only advantage to using HDMI for a computer monitor (unless you need HDCP or something).