Needing a little advice on a Computer Video system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
What I am trying to do is to be able to play graphics, player introductions, put up videos of different things, put up sponsor logos and many other things. We also want to hook up cameras and take video of the crowds and interact with them. If you have ever watched a college or pro game you know what I am talking about.

I am looking for a system that will be powerful because being able to play graphics etc and also be able to do the crowd video will take a lot of power. I have been looking for ideas from people on what they think would work best. Should I build my own computer with the correct parts or should I buy a pre configured piece of equipment like a Tricaster? That is what I am looking for.

I have the projectors already setup with HDMI baluns running up to them so I have to have a connection of an HDMI at the end of the run.

Last edited:

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
I have since changed my thinking after finding out the complexity of what it would take. I am now just going to be using a Tricaster 40 or mini to run the crowd cameras, graphics, intros etc. to the projectors to show on our jumbo screens. It will be a much simpler setup. I will be using the Tricaster unless someone can come up with an easier, cheaper thing to use. Don't everyone speak at once. :)

AD5MB

Nov 1, 2011
Don't everyone speak at once.

A generic hint for asking questions on message boards:

Paragraphs. you organize your thoughts into groups, and separate them. you make paragraphs with the ENTER key. big rectangle on the right side of the keyboard

A big wall of text is not a sign of an organized mind.

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
A generic hint for asking questions on message boards:

Paragraphs. you organize your thoughts into groups, and separate them. you make paragraphs with the ENTER key. big rectangle on the right side of the keyboard

A big wall of text is not a sign of an organized mind.

Right you are, but then you are supposed to capitalize all beginnings of sentences and put punctuation at the end. If you are going to criticize what someone does then get all grammatical things right before you do it.
Also, if you didn't know the answer, why waste your time?
And by the way, my mind was not organized when I typed this up. There is just so much stuff to tell and I am somewhat overwhelmed at the moment so I started rambling.

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
Right you are, but then you are supposed to capitalize all beginnings of sentences and put punctuation at the end. If you are going to criticize what someone does then get all grammatical things right before you do it.
Also, if you didn't know the answer, why waste your time?
And by the way, my mind was not organized when I typed this up. There is just so much stuff to tell and I am somewhat overwhelmed at the moment so I started rambling.

Yeah, criticizing someone who tried to offer you help isn't going to get you any answers.

When you're less overwhelmed, you can try to edit your original post and re-ask your question in a way that we're more inclined to read.

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
Show me in his post where he tried to help me. All he did was criticize. Not everybody is as perfect as he our you are I guess.

SOFTengCOMPelec

Platinum Member
May 9, 2013
Show me in his post where he tried to help me. All he did was criticize. Not everybody is as perfect as he our you are I guess.

He seemed to be trying to help you, improve your original post, so that people could better understand it, and hence make others more likely to take the time and trouble to try and help you.

I've had a few quick read/skims of your updated/edited OP, but unfortunately I can't quite make out, exactly what you are trying to do/achieve.

When you say gaming, what exactly do you mean ?

E.g. Computer/video games, or some kind of live action games ?

Maybe it is just me, and my relative lack of experience with gymnasiums.

What exactly, are you trying to do ?

All I can make out, is that there are 2 big screens, with stuff on them, and you want do more something(games)??? with them ???.

Sorry if you think that this post, ALSO is NOT helping you solve your problem(s). But until I/we can understand what the problem is, we can't help much.

Or it could just be me (poorly understanding it).

EDIT:

Example of my misunderstandings:

There is so much I want to do but just need to right equipment to do it.

What exactly are these things that you want to do ?

Last edited:

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
I have since redone my description. It did ramble I guess but what I put up now either you know what I am talking about or you don't.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
If the people come to you like in a studio then you do not need a mobile system.
If you must go to the people then your choices MUST take a price hike and the most simplest mobile video editor would be to buy a MACINTOSH as they have the default packages already on a newly purchased system. You can get away with a normal windows pc for a regular workstation powerhouse to do all your video editing and so forth.

Oh and I am many times like you in the frame of mind so deep in thought that only garbage spews out. Take some neuroflexyn. It helps me!

ingeborgdot

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2005
I don't quite understand your reply. People come to me? Have you ever been to a college basketball game or a pro basketball game. This is what I am talking about. Graphics, video intros, crowd video on the big screens. This will be only at home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.