Need to put this controller to use

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I accidently purchased a saitek x52 pro on eBay. Didn't expect my offer to be accepted.

Now I need to figure out what I can do with it. I'm very big into flight Sims , especially fighter jet ones. I have the a10c game but good god trying to find a profile for the controller that is easy to use.

I dont have track ir but I imagine you can use this stick to look around the cockpit and use your mouse to activate switches ?

I remember f22 lightning had decent training and an easy curve campaign to get into.

Recommendations welcomed and anything specific to the controller I need to know would be nice.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I got it from the Dcs website when they had it on sale too. Same price. I believe it is worth it for the learning curve. It's setting up the controller profiles that is a pain. You can use other people's profiles I just never did that.

Number of commands needed to play that game, you need a learning curve of a month with an hour or more a day before you can memorize all the stick functions.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
X3: Albion Prelude is a fun game to play with a joystick. All the other games I use my joystick for are older games like Freespace.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Ill pass on Albion prelude. Watched a gameplay video of some guy spending 20 minutes just clicking on menus. Looked at free space too not really interesting.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I accidently purchased a saitek x52 pro on eBay. Didn't expect my offer to be accepted.

Now I need to figure out what I can do with it. I'm very big into flight Sims , especially fighter jet ones. I have the a10c game but good god trying to find a profile for the controller that is easy to use.

I dont have track ir but I imagine you can use this stick to look around the cockpit and use your mouse to activate switches ?

I remember f22 lightning had decent training and an easy curve campaign to get into.

Recommendations welcomed and anything specific to the controller I need to know would be nice.

Once you go track Ir, you wont want to fly or drive any other way

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Yeah track ir seems expensive lol don't tempt me haha

New its 120 for the TIR4 and 150 for the TIR5.
So worth it...
Immersion goes WAY up.

You can then free up the buttons you would use for looking around.
On my old trusty MSFFB2, I use the hat switch for trim and on the keypad I'll use it for fuel\mixture or prop pitch.

You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it.....

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
New its 120 for the TIR4 and 150 for the TIR5.
So worth it...
Immersion goes WAY up.

You can then free up the buttons you would use for looking around.
On my old trusty MSFFB2, I use the hat switch for trim and on the keypad I'll use it for fuel\mixture or prop pitch.

You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it..... You must buy it.....

Damn now I'm in eBay looking it up. Hope both versions work for dcs. But I don't think these work for hawx and ace combat.

Here's the store page for Take On Helicopters.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65730/

Never tried it for myself, but it looks really fun.

Looks nice ill see if there is a demo.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Damn now I'm in eBay looking it up. Hope both versions work for dcs. But I don't think these work for hawx and ace combat.
Looks nice ill see if there is a demo.

If you go to the track ir site they list all the verified titles.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
Lock On Platinum. Made by the same people as A-10C, but less hardcore and more variety of planes.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
It has some very basic training missions and training movies. But no voice over interactive training like the A10C. But it also doesn't need that much since you don't have to spend 10 minutes for engine start or program your stores page. It does have a pretty good community. Check out www.simhq.com forums for more stuff, training, etc...

Do you know if it includes training?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
It has some very basic training missions and training movies. But no voice over interactive training like the A10C. But it also doesn't need that much since you don't have to spend 10 minutes for engine start or program your stores page. It does have a pretty good community. Check out www.simhq.com forums for more stuff, training, etc...

Good site.
Been a member for years.
(Just checked my join date)
October, 28 2002

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I need to get over there and sign up haha. I'm gonna take a look at track ir tonite. I.hope I don't need to wear shit on my head.

Ok so I'm sold on track ir. Which one 4 or 5? I dunno the differences between pro and what not.

Last edited: