Need to attach two displays to an HP ZBook Firefly G8

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Recently got a new laptop for work, an HP ZBook Firefly G8. I am trying to find a dock for this, and this is proving most difficult. To be fair, I don't necessarily need a doc, but a need something to attach a VGA and a DisplayPort connector to. I thought I found what I needed a few days ago and bought an HP Elite Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station (HSTNN-CX01). Some online searching seemed to indicate this would work However, the Thunderbolt connector on the dock doesn't match anything on the laptop.

Can someone help me out here?

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
The thunderbolt port should be a USB-C connector. Without knowing exactly which model you have it appears that it could be on the right side of the laptop. Thunderbolt ports typically have a lightning bolt next to the port.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Thanks. I think I am just going to get a USB-C to HDMI or DisplayPort adapter and ditch the VGA. Just need to swap some connections around.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
I have 2 docks, one at home and one at my office. They are great for quick connecting the laptop to not only monitors, but also peripherals. Plus they provide power to the laptop so I rarely need to break out my charger. If you will be moving the laptop frequently the dock is very handy.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
A thunderbolt dock is exactly what you’re looking for to add monitors. The type of monitors will depend on which dock it is