Need suggestions on a bluetooth headset

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I need a simple bluetooth headset to use with my Kyocera Strobe. It doesn't need any special features. I would like it to use something other than alkaline batteries as I dont want to have to bear that weight on my ear since it will stay on my ear for about an hour at a time and some evenings 3-4. What can you guys recommend? Just something basic. The main thing I want to do is just avoid the lemon headsets out there. The ones near me are all Motorolas and are the following:

H300
H350
H500
HS850

Anything good there?

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
Out of the headsets Ive onwned, Ive never had a problem with comfort, only with volume of the headset. IVe had a motorola (cant remember which one, but one of the first ones). I hated how it fit and coulndt hear the damn thing. Currently have a plantronics 320 (good fit, sound is lower than I would like) and a pair of stereo Kyocera headphones. I like the volume I get on the kyocera, but since it sits on the ear rather than in it, anyone within 4 feet or so can hear both sides of my conversation. But its great in the car.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I was actually wondering the same thing. My girl needs a headset for when she is talking to me, and she likes the H700 by Motorola. I had an H500 that she washed that worked well but it wa a bit clunky for her tastes. Anyone had experience with any of these other Motorola earpieces, especially the H700?

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Ended up settling on two H500s for me and my brother's Strobes. Couldn't be happier with him and the distance I can be from my phone is terrific. (I'm currently on the phone with my girl and it's going through window blinds, a door, a wall, and 20ft. of distance. I thought it was a lot less than this on bluetooth.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Yeah I had an H500 for my PS3 I gave to her to use with her phone but she is incredibly stupid and washed it in her jeans within the first month. She went and bought an HS850 Friday and it works really well. The H700's biggest advantage just seems to be the much smaller earpiece. In the end I guess any of them work well and it just depends on what you want with respect to size & looks.