Need some help w/ terms, Appt hunting.

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
going appt hunting need some terms to be clarified.
whats the diff btw:
single
bachelor
studio.
i know it has something to do w/ fridge, cookstove/kitchen area, fridge also?
anyone ?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
haha, I just rented a new apartment (move in a week from today), and I have no idea what the difference is. Ours is a "one bedroom". That was simple enough for me :)

It has a fridge, stove, etc, if that's of any help to you...

bizmark

Banned
Feb 4, 2002
Yeah, studios are usually one big room, but I have a friend with a "studio" and the rooms are actually fairly well differentiated. I think the defining factor is that the living room = the bedroom. There's still a separate kitchen (although it's not *completely* walled off) and of course a bathroom with a door. I've never heard of a bachelor. A single apartment will have a separate living room and bedroom.

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
what i need info on is how the ;kitchen works.
cuz some of these places i went to only on w/ the portable stove top, no kitchen area.
and some places don't even come w/ a fridge.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
I know all studios and one bedrooms should have a complete kitchen, other wise they note it. i *think* bachelors don't have the kitchen.

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
and there is one more thing, efficiency is another term that they use.
i tihnk you might be right weezer

lookie here
is this first listing, most of them come w/ the abbrev of REF, does that stand for refridgerator? and rest don't (of the cheaper one) i'm thinking of going for the $600.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
The bachelor doesn't come with much of a kitchen. A studio and a 1 bdrm should come with a full kitchen including fridge, stove, and sink. Studios probably don't have dish washers though.

GL with your hunt.

Ryan