Need some help finding some info on a historical artifact

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
I'm trying to find a forum on historic memorabilia particularly in the aviation field. I picked up this interesting piece.
It's a ticket to attend Jean-Pierre Blanchard's Fifth aerial voyage at The Castle of Dover Nov. 1784
Jean-Pierre Blanchard apparently was the first to ever fly a hydrogen balloon.

It doesn't look like this but, it is basically along the same lines, it is for his fifth voyage and is quoted on the piece as being the first attempt out over the ocean. I think it is for the flight before his first to ever cross the english channel by air trip.

link

I'm trying to figure out how rare it is, it is in suprisingly good condition considering how old it is.

This is definitly OT but, I'm needed some help here, I have googled the heck outta this.
any help at this point is greatly appreciated.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
I think you'd have to bring it to a collector or an art appraiser.

Thats probably what I'll end up having to do but, I was hoping to get a little ground work in that way I have some idea of it's value prior to doing that.
Not finding much though must be pretty rare.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Take it on one of those junk shows where the English guy sits at the table and Billie Jean brings her great-grandfather's spittoon for him to look at and tell her how much it's worth so she can sell it and buy more Old Milwawkee.