Question Need Recommendations for Budget Camera

gamerguy2

Aug 9, 2008
I am using my Iphone camera now to take pictures. I take pictures indoors in dim light and with regular light bulb lighting. I also have a weak LED photography lamp. The pictures are ok. I was hoping to upgrade to a dedicated camera to take sharper pictures. The Iphone often distorts or yellows in the dim light.

Can you recommend a camera in the $250 budget range for indoor shooting of still objects that will take the clearest natural picture indoors with the lighting?

Reactions: ArnabDey123

Syborg1211

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2000
This is a pretty common question so poke around the past threads or search the forum for more info, but the general answer is you won't find anything with that budget that will beat a phone camera handily. You might be able to get close to that by going the used or refurbished route. Check out the Sony RX100 (there are 5 versions of this camera, even the original version is pretty awesome at low light compared to a phone). Another option is to get an entry-level DSLR (like a Nikon D3200) and purchase separately a 35mm f/1.8 lens.

You gotta shell out the cash for low-light performance in cameras.

Reactions: CuriousMike

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousMike