Need quick answer to bio-fuel questions

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Question 1: Can you break a car by filling it up with bio-fuel and then finding out it dosent start? By a quick answer i dont mean yes/no the more in depth and detailed the better i just need it quickly thanks :D

Question 2: So the vans filled with fuel, it wont start, oh dear dosent look like it runs on bio-fuel. How does one get the fuel back out again?

I was told to find out if certain vehicles would work on bio-fuel or not, i gathered from a bio-fuel forum that the only way to find out is to test it, or call the manufacturer. But according to the boss, the manufacturer talks crap somtimes to stop you from voiding the warrenty etc. I dunno, id just trust the manufacturer tbh but anyways, it leads me to the questions above.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Well, I'm no expert on bio-diesel, but I was under the assumption that all diesel engines would run on bio-diesel.
It does have a diesel engine, right?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Originally posted by: jupiter57
Well, I'm no expert on bio-diesel, but I was under the assumption that all diesel engines would run on bio-diesel.
It does have a diesel engine, right?

Yep

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
diesel engines will eat almost any type of fuel

gasoline engines can run on biofuel, but you're usually more concerned about the internal parts reacting with the different fuel

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Most diesels start and warm up on diesel#2, then switch over to bio-fuel. This could mean running on diesel for 15 minuets.
Now! Before an engine shut down and the engine will cool down, like over night, the engine is switched back to diesel so the system can refill with diesel fuel.
This might take 10 minuets of run time. By the systen is ment, all full lines up to the pump & injectors and to include them. Failure to do so would cause a non-start situation.
The engine could be started by blowing WD-40 into the intake while cranking but this is very poor form. :thumbsdown:

All conversion are set-up like two seperate fuel systems.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Its WVO (waste vegetable oil) thats gonna be put directly into diesel engines from 1993 to 2001 with varying models.

AgentJean

Banned
Jun 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Soviet
Its WVO (waste vegetable oil) thats gonna be put directly into diesel engines from 1993 to 2001 with varying models.

If you want to use 100% WVO you'll need the dual system GalvanizedYankee spoke of.
You'll also need to change all fuel system filters.

I beleive it is possible however to mix WVO and diesel in the same tank and not need to switch back and forth between two different tanks. You will still however need to change your filters. bio-oils are a solevent to petro and will clog your filters.