Need moving/packing tips!

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
I'm moving from a large house to a 4-room apartment. Desperately need tips on getting rid of stuff so that I can fit it all. I've already given the piano away. Any other thoughts?

Also, any suggestions for fitting lots of stuff into a small space? Thanks . . .

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Rule of thumb for clothes, if you hav'nt worn it in a year, get rid of it.

As for stuff...I'd apply the same theory. If it has just been sitting in your house and you hav'nt used it for a year or more, sell it, give it to good will, whatever!

I highly suggest Ikea for more a compact living style. They have some great furniture/storage solutions for small spaces. :)

Good luck! :)

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Packing tip: Go to target and buy 15-20 of the 18 gallon blue rubbermaid containers. They have handles, stack on top of each other, and are relatively indestructable. They make moving MUCH MUCH easier. They're about $4 apiece, compared to buying boxes at u-haul for like $3 apiece. They last forever, can be easily stored when you are done moving, and are good for about a gazillion other things later. (like long/medium term storage of the stuff that doesn't fit in your apt)

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
do not, I repeat DO NOT use moving companies..
they will rip you a new one...

I did that before... :(