Need maps of pollution in michigan inland lakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
I have seen maps that show the reported pollution of inland lakes in michigan. I realize that a person shouldn't eat fish more than 1x a week, but it would be nice to know if the lake I want to eat fish from was reportedly higher in any contaminants before I did. I have seen hardcopy maps that show this information, but can't ever seem to find it online. Does anyone know where I can find maps or online material that shows studies of water quality on a lake by lake basis? Thank you.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Try Michigan's DEC site. NY has (or used to have) a lake by lake advisory for species to eat, etc. I discovered it when I was trying to find a contour map for the bottom of one of the local lakes. DEC site said not to bother below 24 feet in the summer - anaerobic at that depth. I've decided to never keep *any* fish from that particular lake. Another lake I fish at has zero advisories - no limit on the number of meals per week of fish from that lake, which is good, since I'll have dinner tonight from there & lunch tomorrow from there. I average 2 meals of fish per week.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Really appreciate the help guys. I did a search, but couldn't find the information I was looking for. I will check the sites you all mentioned. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.