Need loan information

jordank32

Jul 12, 2004
I will be graduating from college in the middle of June and moving out of my current apartment at the end of June. I will not start my job until the middle of July, but will move into my new place July 1. Financial Aid is currently paying for my housing. I was wondering if there were any loans out there that would give me money to pay the security deposit, first month's rent for my new place and moving expenses. It only needs to be short term and for about $3000. I just need something to cover expenses before my first paycheck. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. - Come on guys, I know some of you have mad loan skills, please help.

cchen

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
First of all, don't bump the thread so often.

Second, what about borrowing from your parents?

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
education maximizor loan.

Basically, look for any loan that does not confirm status by talking to your school. Instead, you just send them something that proves you are at least a half time student (your course scheduale). Be aware for the high interest though. It will be high.

jordank32

Jul 12, 2004
sorry for the fast bump, just kind of nervous. Can't borrow from my parents. There are student loans that don't confirm status?

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: jordank32
sorry for the fast bump, just kind of nervous. Can't borrow from my parents. There are student loans that don't confirm status?

any loan that deals with this company will let you do it.

jordank32

Jul 12, 2004
thanks Gibson, I appreciate it, that looks like a possibility. However, on first glance it looks as though I would have needed to be employed full time for the past 2 years. I have not been, since i have been a full time student. hmm... the wording is kind of wierd though

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: jordank32
thanks Gibson, I appreciate it, that looks like a possibility. However, on first glance it looks as though I would have needed to be employed full time for the past 2 years. I have not been, since i have been a full time student. hmm... the wording is kind of wierd though

no cosigner? If not, then you can't get any loan.

jordank32

Jul 12, 2004
will anyone let me do it without a cosigner if I have proof of employment beginning mid July? My father is currently unemployed, so I don't know if he would work as a cosigner. If he had a job, I would just ask him for the money.

jordank32

Jul 12, 2004
I was going to just put all expenses on a credit card, but I don't think that most apartment companies will take credit for security deposits and rent, any other ideas

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
Be ready to bend over?maybe if your lucky they will give you a reach around.