Need ideas on how to mount speakers to wall corner

rox1co

Jul 19, 2005
ok basically i wanna mount my speakers at the 4 corners of my walls, but i'll need something flat in order to do that

i was thinking of attaching something flat from the ceiling and mounting my speakers onto that

got any better ideas?

speakers: Logitech Z-5300

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
they have normal walmount screw connectors right? most electronic shops have wallmounts. cambridge soundworks for one. the corner is probably way too far apart. should be maybe 5 feet apart making a triangle with seating position. you cant separate such small speakers that far or its going sonud funny. won't mesh

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
No particular suggestion from me as I'd never do something like that, as you should know that won't sound very good. Terrible direct/indirect sound ratio having them so close to the wall.

rox1co

Jul 19, 2005
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
No particular suggestion from me as I'd never do something like that, as you should know that won't sound very good. Terrible direct/indirect sound ratio having them so close to the wall.
can anyone else back this up?

Originally posted by: Patrick Wolf
Wall mounts? Are these for your PC? Speaker positioning is very important. Maybe this can help.
checked it out, thanks

i'll put them directly in front and behind me to the side a bit rather than all of them at the corners of my walls

anyways, those wall mounts are expensive, for just 1 piece? (sheesh)

Patrick Wolf

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2005
I don't know the layout of your room, but, wall mounting may be too far from the front speakers, so ceiling mounts or free stands would work. I have the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and just bought some OmniMount SAT 2 speaker stands from ebay. I just now saw them here for the same price. They may have something that would work for you.

Aren't the Z-5300's base able to adjust so you can just screw it into the wall? See here.

rox1co

Jul 19, 2005
Aren't the Z-5300's base able to adjust so you can just screw it into the wall?
yes, but i want to mount them to the corners of my room but i'm thinking of just mounting them on my flat walls

i only have 4 corners in my room, not that big but enough to fit a king size bed + computer desk + another big desk

i'm thinking of making something like this so it'll be easier if i decide to change my room up
http://www.standsandmounts.com/ProductImages/omnimount/wd24.jpg