Need ideas on how to mount speakers to wall corner

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by rox1co, May 21, 2006.

1. rox1co

rox1co Senior member

ok basically i wanna mount my speakers at the 4 corners of my walls, but i'll need something flat in order to do that

i was thinking of attaching something flat from the ceiling and mounting my speakers onto that

got any better ideas?

speakers: Logitech Z-5300

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - ideas mount speakers Forum Date
    Former hardware enthusiast is back. Need help with build ideas. General Hardware Apr 16, 2017
    Any upgrade advice/ideas? General Hardware Mar 6, 2017
    any ideas about rear speaker placement/mounts? General Hardware Oct 26, 2005
    Want to mount an 80mm Panaflo L1A onto an ATI Radeon 8500...........ideas? General Hardware Oct 10, 2003
    Sideways-mounted hard drives: bad idea? General Hardware Aug 17, 2003

3. Patrick Wolf

Patrick Wolf Platinum Member

Wall mounts? Are these for your PC? Speaker positioning is very important. Maybe this can help.

4. 0roo0roo

0roo0roo No Lifer

they have normal walmount screw connectors right? most electronic shops have wallmounts. cambridge soundworks for one. the corner is probably way too far apart. should be maybe 5 feet apart making a triangle with seating position. you cant separate such small speakers that far or its going sonud funny. won't mesh

5. tallman45

tallman45 Golden Member

6. NanoStuff

NanoStuff Banned

No particular suggestion from me as I'd never do something like that, as you should know that won't sound very good. Terrible direct/indirect sound ratio having them so close to the wall.

7. zephyrprime

zephyrprime Diamond Member

Drywall anchors from hardware store?

8. rox1co

rox1co Senior member

can anyone else back this up?

checked it out, thanks

i'll put them directly in front and behind me to the side a bit rather than all of them at the corners of my walls

anyways, those wall mounts are expensive, for just 1 piece? (sheesh)

9. Patrick Wolf

Patrick Wolf Platinum Member

I don't know the layout of your room, but, wall mounting may be too far from the front speakers, so ceiling mounts or free stands would work. I have the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and just bought some OmniMount SAT 2 speaker stands from ebay. I just now saw them here for the same price. They may have something that would work for you.

Aren't the Z-5300's base able to adjust so you can just screw it into the wall? See here.

10. rox1co

rox1co Senior member

yes, but i want to mount them to the corners of my room but i'm thinking of just mounting them on my flat walls

i only have 4 corners in my room, not that big but enough to fit a king size bed + computer desk + another big desk

i'm thinking of making something like this so it'll be easier if i decide to change my room up
    http://www.standsandmounts.com/ProductImages/omnimount/wd24.jpg