Need HL2 help (with video)

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
So I'm playing HL2 and I'm on the part with the boat. For some reason, when I try to make a jump, I keep hitting an invisible wall. I've tried other saves and I still have the same problem. My friend made the jump fine on his system.

Here's the video:

Link

Any ideas? I've tried this at least 150 times.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Hmmm... not sure why it would do that? You could log into your buddies' machine, save after the jump, put the save file on a flash drive or w/e and copy it to YOUR machine.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Heh, I found out what it was. I didn't get back there the way the developers intended, so it didn't trigger the "wall" to turn off. I was talking to my friend on Teamspeak while I was playing, and apparently I'm going about this game all wrong.

I'm doing okay though. :p

Thanks for the ideas.

AntisociaL

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Heh, I found out what it was. I didn't get back there the way the developers intended, so it didn't trigger the "wall" to turn off. I was talking to my friend on Teamspeak while I was playing, and apparently I'm going about this game all wrong.

I'm doing okay though. :p

Thanks for the ideas.
hehe, after reading Motorheader's post I got to thinking and I believe I did the same thing as you did and was stuck at the same spot. I need to play it again. I flew through it the first week it came out and was running a Radeon 9800 pro at the time.