Satch010119

Jan 16, 2019
Hi everyone i just want some advice. I want to buy a pc good for gaming. To be specific my son plays PUBG online on ipad he wants to have a pc for him to play that game. My question is can you give me some ideas on what cpu to buy that is good for gamin PUBG with a cheap price because i have no idea and have a tight budget. By the way im from japan. Can you give me tips please. Or wher to buy or how to build. Thank you

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm not well-versed in Japan's PC markets (although I've seen pictures and videos of Akihabara), but I'll give it a shot.

I would go with an AMD 2600X, and an X470 motherboard. (There may be an X570 motherboard coming out soon, and the Ryzen 3000-series / Zen 2 architecture CPUs should be out, sometime later this year. Maybe a few months from now though, if you need a PC NOW, then build now.)

Get a 2x8GB (16GB kit) of DDR4-3200 memory, GSKill or Corsair, maybe Team or Adata if you want to save money, but those kits often don't run at their advertised speeds in AMD AM4 rigs.

And what resolution does your Son want to play games in? If 1080P, then look at getting an NVidia RTX 2060-based GPU graphics card, they just debuted yesterday at Newegg, they're around $350-400 USD, not sure how many YEN that would be.

And get a DECENT keyboard and mouse combo. (Very subjective, based on hand size, reflexes, and low-sens / high-sens and claw-grip versus other mouse gaming styles.)

I can't comment on screens, but it's rumored that NVidia has now started to add support for AMD's FreeSync-compatible VRR monitors, vis-a-via VESA Adaptive Sync feature, and NVidia is branding it as "GSync Basic" or something like that. Maybe wait a month or two for monitor maker's branding to update their boxes (if nothing else, with stickers), that indicate GSync Basic support, so you know that the monitor will be supported by your NVidia card?

I don't game (much) anymore, used to be pretty hardcore 20 years ago. I have 4K UHD TVs as screens, but don't game at 4K. My understanding is that most "serious" gamers want a high-refresh-rate, variable-refresh-rate monitor. Which means, a 144Hz 1080P / 1440P screen, that supports AMD's FreeSync or FreeSync 2, preferably over HDMI, although DisplayPort is also acceptable in most cases.

Edit: And you mentioned budget as being important. If performance is more important that budget, and you have to build more-or-less "today" (right now), then an Intel 9600K or 9700K rig might be an option instead, but be aware that: 1) It will be more expensive, sometimes significantly so, and 2) AMD's AM4 platform will be getting "Zen 2-based" CPUs later this year, which are rumored to eliminate Intel's current single-threaded performance advantages, and is upgradable, while Intel's series-300 socket 1151 platforms are basically a total dead end as far as upgrades go. That's why I suggested an AMD build, and I run AMD AM4 rigs myself.

If you do choose to go Intel, get a Z390 mobo, rather than a potentially-cheaper Z370 board.

Reactions: Satch010119
Dec 10, 2018
I'm also currently in Japan on study abroad! From what I can tell, PC parts and prices here are horrendously marked up. Maybe 30-80% more expensive than in the US. I saw a 1070 at yodobashi being sold for around 800usd...

If you have friends abroad in the US see if you can have them buy some of the more expensive parts (gpu, cpu, ssd) and bring or ship them over when they return.

Satch010119

Jan 16, 2019
Thank you so much. I am still canvassing. Im planning to buy maybe on april for my sons birthday. I will note this so that if i go to akihabara i have something to look on to. I really appreciate this. I really have no idea on pc. Thank you again

Satch010119

Jan 16, 2019
I'm also currently in Japan on study abroad! From what I can tell, PC parts and prices here are horrendously marked up. Maybe 30-80% more expensive than in the US. I saw a 1070 at yodobashi being sold for around 800usd...

If you have friends abroad in the US see if you can have them buy some of the more expensive parts (gpu, cpu, ssd) and bring or ship them over when they return.
Oh my. I guess i cant buy pc in japan with a cheap price. Thank you!

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
I would go Console as well unless your son is annoyed by the 30 fps cap that exists on all platforms but PC. PC is the only platform for higher framerates for that game.

jitendrad

Dec 23, 2018
To play PUBg with good gaming experience I willl suggest you to get ryzen 5 and GPU you can go with RTX2060 but if you want to go with some cheaper side then 1060 or 1050 ti will be also fine. IT will definitely give a good gaming experience at 1080p at high setting.

jitendrad

Dec 23, 2018
Here is the part list you can go

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MzjDTB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MzjDTB/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($165.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: *Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: *Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: *Team - T-FORCE DELTA RGB 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: *Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.45 @ Amazon)
Video Card: *PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($40.19 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: *Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.87 @ OutletPC)
Total: $701.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-26 14:24 EST-0500

This is quite powerful build for gaming also if you want to cut down the ccost then you can consider buying ryzen 3 and RX470