Need help with scanning and OCR

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Here is the situation. A good friend of mine just passed his last MCSE exam and won't stop glowing. His birthday is on Monday so we decided to play a little prank on him. I took home his MCSE sertificate (without his knowledge) and I want to have it scanned and then use some sort of OCR program and go a little wild like changing his name to Mickey Mouse, maybe changing a serial number to "void" and put a little birthday message in a text. I will then put it back in the original frame and hang it back on his cubicle wall and hope he will eventually notice it. Anyhow, I have a cheapo Mustek scanner that I havn't used in years and it came with Ulead photo editor and Xerox OCR software. I want it to look as genuine as possible so that it will fool him for a while.

What do you guys think, is what I have sufficient for this task, or is there some other type of software I should use?

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: CallTheFBI
Just go to Kinko's and do it.

rolleye.gif
thanks
rolleye.gif
Can I get some real help please?

CallTheFBI

Banned
Jan 22, 2003
Why do you have to OCR it? Just scan it and load it into Photoshop. OCR is for when you have a document that was printed out on another computer and you don't have it on file but you don't want to type it up again. i.e. business applications. What you are talking about is a Photochop which is done in Photoshop.