Need help with Borderlands DLC install from Amazon GOTY purchase.

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
I bought the Borderlands GOTY on sale from Amazon a while back for $7.49 and was supposed to include the 4 DLC packages. Once I installed the game a box comes up when I go to play that lists 2 of the DLC's (Mad Moxxi's and Zombie Island) along with their respective CD keys. Not sure where the keys are to the other 2.

Problem is I don't know how to get the DLC's installed as I don't think they installed with the primary install. I tried to "Activate a Product on Steam" but its says the keys are invalid.

I just finished the main game and would like to play the DLS's before uninstalling.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
It sounds like you've got the game on Steam, so if you want to see if the DLCs are installed (without loading the game), do this:

1. Open Steam
  2. Go to your Library
  3. Right click on Borderlands and select Properties
  4. In the "Borderlands - Properties" window, select the DLC tab.
  5. This should list all four DLCs and since you bought it off Amazon, it will probably list "Retail" as the acquisition method.
To actually access the DLCs, you will need to use a Fast Travel Station in-game. Here are the point equivalents for each DLC:

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (DLC1) = Jakob's Cove
Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot (DLC2) = The Underdome
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx (DLC3) = T-Bone Junction

Claptrap's New Robot Revolution (DLC4) = Tartarus Station

One very important thing to note is that you mentioned the CD-Keys for DLC1 and DLC2. These are required for actually accessing the content. When you first attempt to enter the area, it will almost feel like your game is failing to load, but what's actually happening is that there's a CD-Key entry window that popped up underneath the game (a standard Windows window). I forget about that thing every damn time, but you'll need to enter your key into that. It can be a real flippin' pain because your mouse cursor will not appear. TAB is your friend for switching the active control. :p

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
Awesome. They were installed but they didn't say how to access them or if they were even installed in the primary game install.

I played the Zombie Island one for a bit. It is really weird how it's loading and you can sort of make out a window behind the game. I had to ctrl/alt/del to get to the window to paste the code then it acted like it was activating but then seemed to lock up. I had to restart the game but alas it worked. Thanks again.