Need help understanding how to install a slim DVD drive in a Raven ITX case.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I bought a Silverstone Raven RVZ01 case and decided to also use a slim form Silverstone Slim slot loading DVD optical drive, SOD02. I watched a number of videos on the case and the drive, but none that answer my question fully. The drive fits behind a slot in the case, just a plain old slot as far as I can tell. The drive itself came with cables and a black plastic slot cover with an eject button separately. My question is whether that black plastic drive face should be installed on the drive before installing the drive, it would seem that the eject button would be useless, or should the slot cover be left off the drive and the drive be installed without it.

In a number of unboxings of this drive the plastic front cover that has a slot and an eject button was installed on the drive and in others it was not.

What has me confused is that the plastic front cover for the drive seems to serve no function since there a slot in the case that would cover it and render the eject button useless.

Hope this is clear. Do I put the included face cover on and install the drive or leave it off or does it matter? Thanks

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
With that case you do lose the eject button, so install it however it fits best, with or without..