Need help remembering old Nickelodeon show.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
There was a show I used to watch when I was a kid. It was on during the day, were talking somewhere around 1988-1991. It was a Mr. Rogers type show with one guy, sometimes guests, and he sang songs in the forest with lots of woodland puppets. He didnt do the puppets, instead he played guitar. He had brown hair and a brown beard. He was on around the same time as David the Gnome. Most of the time he wore jeans with a flowery collared almost hawaiian type shirt. I remember him best in a red one...

If I remember anything else I'll post it up, but this is all I have for now.

Thanks!

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Was this the guy with the packrat in the log? If so I remember the show, but not the name.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Yeah thats exactly it! Good call! Can't remember the name for the life of me and all the googled Nick fan shows don't have it on there.

Cutterhead

Jul 13, 2005
Hmmm I vaguely remember this. Pinwheel comes to mind, but I think that was a different show. There was also a show about some mannequin in a store that came to life after the store closed. Kind of a creepy concept for a kid's show now that I think of it.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
No pinwheel had a lot of people in it, and puppets, and I think it was in a school of some sort. This one was just one guy. And he would travel to different scenes to meet just one puppet individually and hang out with them, sing a song, or help them if something was wrong that day.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Sorry to semi-hijack, but when I saw the thread title I was hoping it was a reference to You Cant Do That on Television. Man green slime was funny when I was 6.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: Cutterhead
Hmmm I vaguely remember this. Pinwheel comes to mind, but I think that was a different show. There was also a show about some mannequin in a store that came to life after the store closed. Kind of a creepy concept for a kid's show now that I think of it.

the one with the mannequin was called "Today's Special" just thought i would toss that little nugget in.

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: MrLee
Memories!!!

Oh wow, I hadn't seen or even been reminded of some of those shows in a while...Nick was crack when I was a kid...