Need help remembering a book.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
We read it in grade school (elementary school for you heathens).
A relatively young boy is on a plane going over the wilderness, it crashes, all the grown ups die, he doesn't know how to survive in the wilderness but somehow does it anyway. He can't seem to find his way back to civilization, but he does make a little camp and manages to search for food and water.
I think it covers a couple seasons, because at the end of the book he feels the lake is warm enough to go diving in and eventually he recovers the survival gear from the plane. Almost immediately after he gets the items, a rescue team comes along and saves him.

Thoughts?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We read it in grade school (elementary school for you heathens).
A relatively young boy is on a plane going over the wilderness, it crashes, all the grown ups die, he doesn't know how to survive in the wilderness but somehow does it anyway. He can't seem to find his way back to civilization, but he does make a little camp and manages to search for food and water.
I think it covers a couple seasons, because at the end of the book he feels the lake is warm enough to go diving in and eventually he recovers the survival gear from the plane. Almost immediately after he gets the items, a rescue team comes along and saves him.

Thoughts?
Sure it wasn't this book?
51pp92ee4JL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i mean, surely Jungle Book has the same plot, right?
What would you rather have, the one with the dancing bear, or the one without?

• Haha
Reactions: Ken g6

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Jurassic Park 3
I remember that one. That's the one where they hired WIlliam H Macy because the rest of Hollywood noped out.

Funny enough, I'm sure that gig is what helped give him the experience he needed to nail his role in Shameless.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69