need help really with internet browsing :)

Lama23

May 10, 2005
I cannot for some reason logon on and sign up on many sites and post messages. example xanga i post a message it loads half way and stops. also on yahoo i try to check my mail it dosent log on and same on msn and messenger and aim. plz help this has been happening for over a month. but some sites work like this site and gmail

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
First, have you installed firefox (latest version) to see if the problem occurs just in IE? If FF works fine, then you probably have some BHO (browser helper object) or other spyware causing problems with IE. There's lots of ways to deal with those, but I'd start with ad-aware.

wpshooter

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Lama23
I cannot for some reason logon on and sign up on many sites and post messages. example xanga i post a message it loads half way and stops. also on yahoo i try to check my mail it dosent log on and same on msn and messenger and aim. plz help this has been happening for over a month. but some sites work like this site and gmail

Probably spyware or virus.

A hint on how to keep this from happening. Stop using MSN and instant messenger, get yourself an internet connection with a good "local service provider", then use IE6, Symantec anti-virus, Zone Alarm firewall, either Adaware or Microsoft (currently BETA) anti-spyware, use outlook express program for e-mail, keep O/S patched up-to-date at all times. This combination works, I know because I have 4 machines running it and I hardly ever have any problems.

Good luck.