NEED HELP for F@H!!!

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Hi!

I hope some of u F@H pros read this thread. I have been crunching SETI for some time now but recently changed one machine to F@H. Here's my prob:

I can't send any WUs back!!

It's a Win2k system, with Internet Connection Sharing through a WinXP Pro machine. Both run ZonealarmPro. I can receive WUs without a prob and also use the internet on my Win2k machine. Neither SETI nor any other software ever had probs with connecting. Even without ZP on both machines it can't connect. Also tried all the F@H settings including -send all / -send x / -verbose 9 and the different connection settings ... no luck!

I read through all the F@H forums, but I don't even get an error message to report. My log file simply says that it couldn't connect. That's all. It's kinda frustrating cause i have some WUs in my damn queue but can't upload them and they're getting closer to their deadline ...

The servers it tries to connect to are up and running, I checked that already!

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Greetz

Chris

r0tt3n1

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2001
hmmmm
I am having a problem sending finished units too this morning....... Will investigate.

kaelaria2

Dec 9, 2003
My log files are filled with can't get new work units, waiting...took many tries before I got new units.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Yeah, I just checked that list again. Looks like the one I'm supposed to send to is not accepting WUs at the moment. I hope this changes within the nex few days or else that WU's gonna be expired!

Thx

r0tt3n1

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2001
Yay! Was finally able to send results back to server 171.67.89.149! Hopefully it will stay up so your work units that are near expiration will get credited.
I had looked at the server stats page this morning, and it read all was good......

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Originally posted by: r0tt3n1
Yay! Was finally able to send results back to server 171.67.89.149! Hopefully it will stay up so your work units that are near expiration will get credited.
I had looked at the server stats page this morning, and it read all was good......

Yeah, I was able to send as well. Finally. Was the same server that u had to send to.

Thx all!