Need help evga 680 install

AbdoulTheGreat

Nov 20, 2006
Hi,

I haven't built a computer in like 4 years. So I took my time building this thing yesterday. I got everything plugged in except 2 things.

- I can't find the case speaker connector on the motherboard. There is no info in the book. Anyone can tell me where it's located?

- Also I have a thermaltake armor case and theres this button on the side panel that has a connector. It's called SW micro or something like that. What is this for and where do I plug that connector?

Thx alot!

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Check the manufacturer's sites for answers to both of your questions. What's the make and model of your motherboard? Got a link to Thermaltake case model?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The front panel connector for your motherboard is shown on p. 21 of the manual. It's a 4 MB download, and their server is slow. :(

On most motherboards, the speaker connection is grouped with the rest of the front panel connections, but that doesn't appear to be so for this board. The speaker connector is mentioned on p. 26, but I didn't see it specified in any diagram.

E-mail their tech support for more info. Your board has an onboard speaker so you can probably get along without it until you hear from them.

It's impossible to tell you what the connector on your case is for without knowing the label. If your case didn't include a manual, check Thermaltake's site for info, or write their tech support people for info.

AbdoulTheGreat

Nov 20, 2006
Well, if the card has an onboard speaker what's the point of connecting the case one? I guess I'll just go without.

raanemaan

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2004
Would the micro switch be for the case intrusion alarm system or whatever it is called. It is supposed to let you know if somebody has opened your case. Some motherboards support this feature.

AbdoulTheGreat

Nov 20, 2006
Ah thats probly it raanemaan! It's a little button on the side panel so it would make perfect sense. Ok, I just won't plug that.
So... I guess I'm done, lol :)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: raanemaan
Would the micro switch be for the case intrusion alarm system or whatever it is called. It is supposed to let you know if somebody has opened your case. Some motherboards support this feature.

Those aren't alarms, they shut the system down if you open the side of the computer up. I had one in my Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A and I promptly removed it :). It's useless, especially when you want to visually monitor the fans.