Need help cracking an old Mosler combo safe/filing cabinet.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Don't worry my man. This all like, 100% and totally legit. And y'all know I would never lie to my ATOT "family." Before you get all warm and tingly there, by family, what I mean is a collection of people we don't really like each other but, like, but for reasons which are beyond the human capacity for understanding, we nonetheless keep finding ourselves back here.

Yeah, that wasn't very convincing. I really do own said safe. And you know this puppy is 'for real' fireproof cause that bitch is stuffed with asbestos - probably the rare kind that gives you mesothelioma 10-20x faster than the "nice" asbestos. Sigh.

I'll see if I can sell you the prequel later. For now, all you really need to is:

1. safe is locked
2. cannot get into safe.

No idea too ridiculous or worthy of a Darwin award.

• Haha
Reactions: ultimatebob

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Don't worry my man. This all like, 100% and totally legit. And y'all know I would never lie to my ATOT "family." Before you get all warm and tingly there, by family, what I mean is a collection of people we don't really like each other but, like, but for reasons which are beyond the human capacity for understanding, we nonetheless keep finding ourselves back here.

Yeah, that wasn't very convincing. I really do own said safe. And you know this puppy is 'for real' fireproof cause that bitch is stuffed with asbestos - probably the rare kind that gives you mesothelioma 10-20x faster than the "nice" asbestos. Sigh.

I'll see if I can sell you the prequel later. For now, all you really need to is:

1. safe is locked
2. cannot get into safe.

No idea too ridiculous or worthy of a Darwin award.
Is it metal? If it is, cutting torch. If it isn't, circular saw.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
You peaked my interest, though... Do you have a picture of said safe?

More importantly, do you have a really REALLY good drill and a respirator mask? :)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just start trying all possible sequential combinations. It might take a while, but, you'll eventually get it, or, possibly die of old age never to know what was inside.

MrBailey

Dec 1, 2005
<unlurking>
If it's double walled and old...and you don't mind destroying it...then a circular saw will do the trick. Plenty of vids out there showing how.

If you want to keep it intact, then find a reputable locksmith. It'll cost a few $, but it will save the safe.
<re-lurking>

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
If it's a dial combination, you would be surprised how easy it is to pick. I forgot the combination on a relatively new sentry fire safe and was able to pick it in just about an hour or so.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

More importantly, do you have a really REALLY good drill and a respirator mask? :)
I wish to inform you that you have forced me to "work." I am NOT well pleased.

The part of the basement where all of the filing cabinet are (aside from the 8 in my office and 3 in the garage) is completely dark so I had to find a light bulb to scavenge, take out old put in new. Then find my phone and the darling little sign I made. OK that's mainly for my entertainment.

Now I have to rush off for the dentist. Tell my wife I lover her. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I wish to inform you that you have forced me to "work." I am NOT well pleased.

The part of the basement where all of the filing cabinet are (aside from the 8 in my office and 3 in the garage) is completely dark so I had to find a light bulb to scavenge, take out old put in new. Then find my phone and the darling little sign I made. OK that's mainly for my entertainment.

Now I have to rush off for the dentist. Tell my wife I lover her. :)

Wait, did you try to chew your way into the safe?

• Haha
Reactions: Charmonium

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

I didn't have time to post pics earlier. BTW, it's a Diebold not Mosler. See pix.

edit: the little sign taped to the safe was my usual attempt at humor. Just ignore me - I do. ;)

Attachments

• safe1 - Copy (2).jpg
    safe1 - Copy (2).jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 33
  • safe2 - Copy (2).jpg
    safe2 - Copy (2).jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 33

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
That filing cabinet looks pretty weak sauce. You would probably break into that sucker with a crowbar if you didn't care about breaking the locking mechanism.
Yeah, it's not like a gun safe with 4 inch steel walls. But it's main priority is fire rather than break-ins.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
That filing cabinet looks pretty weak sauce. You would probably break into that sucker with a crowbar if you didn't care about breaking the locking mechanism.
Yeah... I was thinking this was a little more robust. You could probably throw that sucker down a set of stairs and crack it open.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've got a pretty simple 3 step process that always works

1: First, get a fucking shit load of cocaine.