Question Need help classifying replacement card for XFX HD-677X-Z5F3

zzdodge

Mar 18, 2024
I use the above board in a system with 3, and now 4 miniDP interfaces. I returned it to XFX after the fan went toes up.

They are replacing it with a XFX R7-360P-2SFB, and I am concerned because that card lacks 5 miniDP on the back, and will require converters, and it doesn't handle as many monitors.

Can anyone here help me understand how the replacement board otherwise compares with the original board?

While I have been without the board, I have acquired more monitors as was going to use all 5 miniDP interfaces, and one on the MB, so that I could support 6 monitors. My application is not gaming, rather it is trading, and screen real estate helps better understand what is happening in the markets.

Thanks for any insight.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Unfortunately, you are right and the replacement card has only has 1 DP, one HDMI, and 2 DVI, though it is possible that only one DVI can be used at once when used with other outputs, as some of the older Radeon cards had this limitation. Thing is, cards with 5 or more outputs are hard to find these days, and many of these are high end cards, which get expensive, as they are designed for gaming or workstations.

One thing you could try, would be to order a second card, with additional outputs, assuming that you have the space, slot, and PSU requirements for it in your computer. Something perhaps like an RX 570 or 560, often have 3 DP ports, an HDMI, and sometimes a DVI or two. They shouldn't be too expensive, though at this point you will be looking at used or refurbished cards.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
The R7 360 is a little faster in gaming and has twice the VRAM, but that really doesn't help you.

I'd look at grabbing a couple Nvidia NVS 510's. They're basically free at this point. single slot and you could run 8 DP off of them. Not sure where you're located, but there's a ton on eBay or if you have a local electronics recycler that parts them out of old workstations.