need help choosing health insurance

Clocker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
at this time i am not employed and i have never had medical coverage except when i was active in the military.

can anyone post links or tell me which websites are the best or most well known to determine which insurance i can buy???

thanks a bunch

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I get my own health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield. $500/mo for a married couple. Do you have BC/BS in your state?

It's for PPO coverage (I choose my own MDs) and I haven't had any trouble with the insurance.
BCBS Site

GMI

Jun 6, 2005
a noob question...what's the difference between getting it from blue cross as opposite to blue shield?

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: GMI
a noob question...what's the difference between getting it from blue cross as opposite to blue shield?

noob answer: I think they're one company.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
http://www.ehealthinsurance.com

Has been a great resource for me. Bought my own heatlh insurance for the last 3 years. Went through HealthPartners one year for $95/month with a $1000 deductible. Now that I'm married I switched to Medica for both of us and I'm paying $190/month for the same deductible.

GMI

Jun 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Mermaidman

:eek:
I went with blue cross because I like their web site.

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Mermaidman

in CA they are different health insurance companies.