Need help & advice - My friend laptop is infected with Trojan..

jimmyhaha

Platinum Member
Jan 7, 2001
My friend laptop running win2k is tossed, he download too much "stuff" and infeced with IRC trojan..

Explorer.exe Freeze after logon & I can not access within the OS, both mouse & keyboard do NOT respond.

I try all mode windows & no luck. So I view his laptop registry remotely from my pc (using regedit to connect network registry)

And found some trojan, virus & parasite infected in the laptop residing in the registry & different folder

Then, I try to use Norton Systemworks CD and run NAVDX.exe (Norton Dos Virus Scan Utitlies) but realize that it does NOT support NTFS

Any suggestion ?

Particularly need someth virus scan software that can scan NTFS File under dos envirnoment...

Pls advice, thanks in advance.

jimmyhaha

Platinum Member
Jan 7, 2001
> Bash your friend over the head with the aforementioned laptop. Then reformat.

this will be the final option....

Does anyone know virus scan software that can scan NTFS File under dos envirnoment & boot from cd ?

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: jimmyhaha

Does anyone know virus scan software that can scan NTFS File under dos envirnoment & boot from cd ?

Don't know about that, but as a last resort you could get a laptop->IDE adapter, plug his hard drive into your system, and scan it that way.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

I don't think it can be done since DOS does not support NTFS.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: AnyMal

I don't think it can be done since DOS does not support NTFS.

ntfsdos
seperate winnt/2k/xp installation
erd commander (every version since 2000).

Try these.

jimmyhaha

Platinum Member
Jan 7, 2001
after doing some googling, it seems that is no Free dos utility can read NTFS drive.

The free one only do the READ but not Write.

hmm..

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
If you have access to an administrative account on his computer, map a drive to his C drive and run your virus scan from your computer.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
download an infected pirate copy of norton av, the trojans will cancel each other out!

your friend needs to learn to use ghost.

jimmyhaha

Platinum Member
Jan 7, 2001
> If you have access to an administrative account on his computer, map a drive to his C drive and run your virus scan from your computer.

Sounds good, I will try later.

Thanks for the advice.