Need Headset Advice - Around $50

Dasda

Jan 9, 2010
I am looking for a headset to use for PC mainly. The use will be gaming and listening to music late night when everyone in the house is asleep. A few bonus features I would like are the ability to use with a console (Xbox 360) and also be able to use it on skype.

So far I have looked at the TurtleBeach Earforce X11 and TurtleBeach Earforce Z2.

Never really owned one of these special headsets so looking to get some recommendations from people who have owned some.

The $50 is just as a guide as I don't really want to spend too much. It is flexible if there is something considerably better available for a little bit more.

Thanks.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Actual gaming headsets never really offer any type of decent sound quality, and anyone who tells you they do are clueless on the matter.

Look at a decent pair of headphones like the Audio Technica AD700's or the Sennheiser HD555/558's. They will off you much better sound quality, and soundstage than any dedicated gaming headset you can buy.

They can be had for around $90-100.

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
I would just get some headphones and a separate mic. There are cheap boom mics you can attach to the headphones or clip ones. You can just wrap the mic and headphone cables together to avoid a mess.

These are good headphones for what you want to spend.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX900-Hi...619944&sr=1-24

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Hi...619956&sr=1-31

For 360 use, you can just hook up the headphones like any other sound output device. The mic may be a problem, due to the proprietary connector on the 360 controller. There might be adapters out there or mics for the 360 without the earphone part.

Dasda

Jan 9, 2010
So I could use a adapter like this?

Get good headphones, then if i need a mic use a separate and for xbox that adapter should work right?

Also, sorry Modular, I am in Canada and can't find that product you recommended.