Question Need Advice

GLP1977

Feb 23, 2022
I am new to pc building and I went on the newegg site and did a pc build. Here is my pc build. Any advice with this build is much appreciated. I want a powerful pc for coding.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G - Ryzen 7 5000 G-Series Cezanne (Zen 3) 8-Core 3.8 GHz Socket AM4 65W AMD Radeon Graphics Desktop Processor

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini Black Micro ATX High-Airflow Compact Tinted Tempered Glass Window Mid Tower Computer Case

Power Supply: COOLMAX CM-300 300 W Micro ATX Power

Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7S1T0B/AM

Last edited:

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Probably a better idea to use pcpartpicker.com to get the best pricing from multiple sources. Also, makes it easier to share the build link w/ the parts and check for compatibility.

Also, I'm not seeing a question here.

Here's a recent build I did if you want to sub out some parts to get started - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bKYwGq

GLP1977

Feb 23, 2022
Probably a better idea to use pcpartpicker.com to get the best pricing from multiple sources. Also, makes it easier to share the build link w/ the parts and check for compatibility.

Also, I'm not seeing a question here.

Here's a recent build I did if you want to sub out some parts to get started - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bKYwGq

Cool, thanks. Basically I was just asking if my build would be a good build for coding.

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Gonna need Windows if it is gonna be a Windows system.

Power supplies are typically at their most efficient when they are running at about half their rated capacity. Over or under loading them is inefficient.

If the OP is 100% sure there will never be a discrete video card in the future 300 or 400 watts would be plenty and 850 watts would be overkill. If however there is the possibility of a video card 300 is going to be a bit light. NVIDIA says 650 watts will power an RTX 3070. I mean if you can get a deal on a good 850 watt PS go for it but it seems like a bit much to me.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Do you recommend a good motherboard?
Based on what you have posted I would choose a middle of the road B550 motherboard. Look for one that has the I/O you want. Some boards have more USB ports. Others have a 2.5Gb Ethernet port in addition to a 1Gb port. Some have Wi-Fi built in. My son recently got an MSI B550 Tomahawk. Seems to be working out well on his build. I've had good luck with MSI and Asus boards.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER