What should my friend (business owner) do to said employee due to the latter's comments online?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
A friend of mine owns a small business and he received an email earlier this week from a random person stating that one of his employees made social media posts supporting the KKK.

He hasn't seen this employee's posts nor has said employee ever made any disparaging comments at work about anyone or any group. This said employee is apparently a "good guy" according to my friend but this email has thrown a monkey wrench into his mind.

What choice(s) does he have, if any?

The disgruntled NPC stated that he has "proof" (i.e. screenshots) of said employee's posts - they have yet to be seen but assuming that is true, what would you guys suggest my friend do?

This whole thing is a shock to him since he has known said employee for years and never thought he would harbor such views.

He asked me for advice this evening and my initial impulse was to tell him to fire him on the spot since it can come back to bite him in the ass, especially given the current circumstances. However, I told him I'd think about it and let him know.

Would like to hear your guys' thoughts/advice on this. Of course, he is going to make the final call but I told him I'd let him know my thoughts soon.

Thanks in advance.

Poll closed, as we have strong reservations about the true intent of this thread.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Get the proof. Depending on that talk to the guy about it, see where he's at. Maybe he's a hopeless cause. Maybe he had a run-in with Daryl Davis. Maybe it's ambiguous. Think long and hard, weigh the options, and come to decision. It's his responsibility and, while it's fine to seek advice, whichever way he decides it's on his shoulders and can't be offloaded to you or this forum. If there's a lot of uncertainty, maybe he can arrange for a few black "secret shoppers."

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Based on the info given...I'd lean towards it being bullshit. I wouldn't condemn a guy that reliably worked for me for years without issues, especially with the owner's opinion of the guy outside of this possible circumstance. Not because of a random email from a random stranger online.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Keep him around, sounds like a very fine person.

Seriously tho, get evidence first, see if it even implicates said employee of such views. If it does, discuss with the employee the predicament it puts the employer in. If it doesn't, drop the issue and move on.

Reactions: Pohemi
Mar 11, 2004
What is a disgruntled NPC? Is that right-wing authoritarian speak for something?

It is and the OP seems to either be dogwhistling or not realizing he used the term and outed himself. Literally no one that isn't a raging douchebag shithead, and very probably a full blown white supremacist (aka "alt-right") uses NPC in that context. Its their replacement for SJW after it became more of a cowbell than a dogwhistle, outing themselves as being terrible. Of course because it was so transparent it immediately was seen for what it is. I'll give them some credit, they at least learned how stupid it was to try to denigrate people pushing for social justice as "SJW" as it was more descriptive (and especially since the alt-righturds spewed rape and death threats - to say nothing of the real deal violence they often experienced, it actually enhanced the "warrior" part) than insulting, so they did try to come up with a cutesy term to try and dismiss them altogether (because their attempts at "exposing" them just blew up in their own faces), and it was already familiar to the gamers they were trying to recruit from. But then it also shows their unoriginality and how they perfectly fit what they're trying to label/project others as. Which is par for the course with them, but still mildly amusing how their sloganeering is as pitiful as their ideology.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It is and the OP seems to either be dogwhistling or not realizing he used the term and outed himself. Literally no one that isn't a raging douchebag shithead, and very probably a full blown white supremacist (aka "alt-right") uses NPC in that context. Its their replacement for SJW after it became more of a cowbell than a dogwhistle, outing themselves as being terrible. Of course because it was so transparent it immediately was seen for what it is. I'll give them some credit, they at least learned how stupid it was to try to denigrate people pushing for social justice as "SJW" as it was more descriptive (and especially since the alt-righturds spewed rape and death threats - to say nothing of the real deal violence they often experienced, it actually enhanced the "warrior" part) than insulting, so they did try to come up with a cutesy term to try and dismiss them altogether, and it was already familiar to the gamers they were trying to recruit from. But then it also shows their unoriginality and how they perfectly fit what they're trying to label/project others as. Which is par for the course with them, but still mildly amusing how their sloganeering is as pitiful as their ideology.

Yep, see our resident rage faced "independent" @s0me0nesmind1 for examples.

• Haha

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Ask for the proof. The fact that they didn't put the proof in the initial email is suspicious to me. If you can show photos of someone being a racist shithead, that's a lot more compelling- why would you not put that in the complaint?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The disgruntled NPC

lol, the true Baasha shows up pretty quickly. Yeah, with your history of profound, biblical racism, I don't think anyone could possibly take your "concern" seriously.

• Haha

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It is and the OP seems to either be dogwhistling or not realizing he used the term and outed himself. Literally no one that isn't a raging douchebag shithead, and very probably a full blown white supremacist (aka "alt-right") uses NPC in that context. Its their replacement for SJW after it became more of a cowbell than a dogwhistle, outing themselves as being terrible. Of course because it was so transparent it immediately was seen for what it is. I'll give them some credit, they at least learned how stupid it was to try to denigrate people pushing for social justice as "SJW" as it was more descriptive (and especially since the alt-righturds spewed rape and death threats - to say nothing of the real deal violence they often experienced, it actually enhanced the "warrior" part) than insulting, so they did try to come up with a cutesy term to try and dismiss them altogether (because their attempts at "exposing" them just blew up in their own faces), and it was already familiar to the gamers they were trying to recruit from. But then it also shows their unoriginality and how they perfectly fit what they're trying to label/project others as. Which is par for the course with them, but still mildly amusing how their sloganeering is as pitiful as their ideology.

...Baasha is actually a fundy Brahamin or whatever caste Indian in the vein of Modhi--dude literally post-screams here about vile "mudpeople," the untouchables, and seems to pleasure himself at the thought of burning muslims alive. The guy is beyond the pale of our current type of "typical racism" in the US. He is the dude that looks at photos of lynchings in the 20s and 30s and instead of denying that it's possible today, looks at it as a solid roadmap for what we really should be doing.

• Wow

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I think you should pay that bitcoin ransom to the spam email that claims to have hacked your password.
It's a two for one thread! Bullshit post based on a scam email. I feel some credit is due for rolling it together, layering in some concern AND making it a poll! Thats some top-level troll stuff right there.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
A fellow posted pro kkk propaganda with enough information to identify himself and his employer. Right.

Nov 8, 2012
Get the proof. Depending on that talk to the guy about it, see where he's at. Maybe he's a hopeless cause. Maybe he had a run-in with Daryl Davis. Maybe it's ambiguous. Think long and hard, weigh the options, and come to decision. It's his responsibility and, while it's fine to seek advice, whichever way he decides it's on his shoulders and can't be offloaded to you or this forum. If there's a lot of uncertainty, maybe he can arrange for a few black "secret shoppers."

Nah. Just listen and believe something occurred.

Humans aren't known for lying.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You could always invite your friend over for Hot dogs and cocktails......
Does this really belong in P&N??? after all just because he used the letters KKK.....doesn`t mean it belongs here......
This belongs in the Joke forum or the Love and relationship forum.....

Last edited:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
If there's clear evidence you can't hide from, fire him on the spot.

That I/ we didn't know only works so long and it leads to losing customers.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
This forum never disappoints. LOL

The concerned citizen sent email via the 'contact form' on the business's website so I don't think they could send pics with the email. Anyway, he's going to write him up for being a dumbass and not following the company's social media policy.

if the person sends the proof and pushes it, there's not much choice for my friend but letting him go.

given how sensitive the whole situation is in the good 'ol USA, best to avoid such topics these days lel

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

You could probably create browser plugin to filter out or to identify nonsense about to be spewed.

Did poster use the following terms?
NPC
SJW
"New World Order"
Elite
"Watch this video and tell me what you think"
"The left"
libs
libtards
liberals
thugs
"inner city"
"Big City"

Those are some common ones off the top of my head.
There are some new ones floating around as well but not sure of the common spelling patterns used..
Virtue Signalling

Could have some sort of weighted\ranked system.

I honestly can't remember all the common terms at the moment due to usage of the ignore functionality of the forum.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

The concerned citizen sent email via the 'contact form' on the business's website so I don't think they could send pics with the email. Anyway, he's going to write him up for being a dumbass and not following the company's social media policy.

if the person sends the proof and pushes it, there's not much choice for my friend but letting him go.

given how sensitive the whole situation is in the good 'ol USA, best to avoid such topics these days lel

Have you considered that the disappointment might be of your own doing? I mean, it's kinda silly to act like an asshole and then feign surprise and hurt when you get treated like an asshole. Just sayin. You sound like one of those types who thinks free speech means freedom from criticism and disagreement.

But anyway, I would never write up any one of my reports for something where there was no proof or evidence except for an anonymous email. I would investigate the matter thoroughly and independently, and perhaps maybe even ask the employee why someone might make such an accusation, but would take no action without proof (or confession) of some kind. Taking corrective action against an employee without that isn't just bad management, it's setting yourself up for trouble with that employee, should the accusation prove to be false.

Based on your attitude displayed here, and your proposed 'solution,' I strongly suspect your story is BS. Propaganda intended to silence 'woke' speech you disagree with by casting it in an unlikely negative light.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JEDIYoda and Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009

You come right out with the insults and cry when someone insults you back. Very big and brave of you.
Stop being a scared child, grow up, learn to tolerate an opinion that is different from yours.

• Love
Reactions: JEDIYoda