need advice on fans.

qweoiuqweoiu

Sep 15, 2012
okay so i finally finished my build.. i just need one last simple advice.. I wanted to add fans on my build. My case is a phantom 410. and i have an H100 installed on the top of the case.. I want to add 2 fans for a push and pull setting on my h100.. so ill be adding 2 fans on the top of the radiator. I was wondering what would be the best choice of fan for a push and pull.. I was hoping to get something with a built in led lighting just for looks... but if theres non available.. then i can go with a normal fan.. hmm and another thing.. I read stuffs on how push and pull works and it seems like the fans that are pushing and pulling should be synced so if i need to change the 2 stock fans that come with the h100 i wont mind..

qweoiuqweoiu

Sep 15, 2012
I havent really tried OCing my build because I just finished it today and the idea of adding fans just pop out of my head earlier while installing my OS... My CPU is a i7 3770k. The truth is i just really want to add the fans just for looks.. but because it will be staying with my build for a long time.. I would want to get something that doesnt just add up to the looks but would also complement the performance of the build..

Oh yeah i forgot to mention.. Im currently located in japan.. and im only going to buy the fans through amazon.co.jp and the variety of stuffs i can get there are limited.. the most common brands i can get from there is corsair,nzxt and coolmaster..

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
The extra fans will only have an effect on the performance of your CPU if they allow you to overclock higher. But with a H100 on a 77W i7-3770K, I think your overclock potential is already limited by the TIM between the CPU and the IHS. Unless you find the stock fans too noisy or just want those LEDs, I'm afraid there's really no benefit to be had in replacing them. So if you want LEDs, you'll be fine with replacing the existing two fans with two LED fans, instead of buying four LED fans for push-pull.

What color LEDs are you after?