Need advice for TV gaming with a PC.

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
Just got a Razer 15 Advanced i7 10th gen, RTX3070, 16gb RAM, 1tb ssd after a long gap in pc gaming. Wanting to play fps games like Doom, Borderlands and Xcom on a TV in a bedroom.

The laptop can only push good frames on 1080P but want something that will do 4k at 120hz at least and has HDMI 2.1 for the future. I've got an LG OLED in the living room but not sure if I wanna drop $1200 for a 48" for the bedroom. Also looking at the Samsung Q70A QLED 55" for $900 which has a HDMI 2.1 port. Any opinions on how much to spend for a bedroom casual setup?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
What's your budget? Are you only lacking a 4K TV? Do you need anything else?

To be honest, without knowing more information, we can't really say how much money you should drop for this project. Some people here are PC enthusiasts who don't mind dropping thousands on new PCs whereas other people buy everything in pieces and only when they go on a decent sale. I'd love to be gaming on a 4K in my bedroom, but I grew up poor and I'm still stuck with the mentality that if it's not broke, don't fix it, and my 1080p TV that I purchased over 15 years ago still looks as good as the day I bought it and I refuse to replace it simply because "there's newer stuff out there". If spending $900 for a new TV is a sound financial investment for you, then go for it.

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
I don't wanna spend too much but don't wanna spend too little. I'm not rich but not poor either. Just need a good tv, wondering where the "sweet spot" is for a gaming pc tv is. May just come down to what I feel like dropping. Was hoping some other gamers might share their experiences.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I don't wanna spend too much but don't wanna spend too little. I'm not rich but not poor either. Just need a good tv, wondering where the "sweet spot" is for a gaming pc tv is. May just come down to what I feel like dropping. Was hoping some other gamers might share their experiences.
You wanna post in the TV forum. We mostly discuss video games.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I use a PC monitor and I'm fairly certain most people here use monitors as well. Might want to try the TV forum like Shorty suggested.

Reactions: Meghan54