Need a WD20EARS-00S8B1 PCB stat...

VERTIGGO

Apr 29, 2005
I just bricked my main 2TB drive and I know it's not the industry sanctioned method, but I need a PCB to swap out and see if I can get the data. It currently won't power on (I believe it was shorted out from a PSU mod I did), and the only drives I have with the same PCB are WD20EADS models. I bought another WD20EARS, but it's the other version (00MVWB0) and the boards don't match.

How can I find one of these exact models? Sellers don't seem to distinguish between one or the other, so every time I order a WD20EARS I'm rolling the dice, and I think the one I need is the obsolete one...

Also, I think the PCBs are the same on my EADS ones... would I be taking a pointless risk by trying to swap out for one of them?

Note: Yes I have backups of my important data, but recovering my recent work since the backup cycle (the last few weeks) would be very helpful.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Not sure, but you might try posting a WTB thread in the forum for it, with a good picture of your broken drive's PCB. Maybe someone will be willing to help you out if they have one.