Need a video capture device

daraksharnah

Aug 3, 2012
Hello,
I recently began speed running console games, and I'm looking for a device to stream from older consoles (snes). The few I found had compatability issues with windows 7, or cost nearly $200. :/

I'm from the US, would prefer to buy online, and do not have a...what is it, micro center? near me. My max price is probably around $100, but would prefer cheaper. In the end, it's all about the price/quality ratio to me.

I'm sure this is a fairly easy find, just not my field of expertise. Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Older consoles aren't my field of expertise, but this just outputs an analog TV signal, right?

So, I imagine an analog TV tuner would work. I have the older version of this Hauppauge 950Q USB tuner. It also comes with a cable for RCA video input, if that's what this outputs. There are cheaper models from other companies, but I don't know as much about them.

That gives you a video input device. As for the streaming, I don't know how that works, but hopefully whatever PC software you're using will see it and work with it.